What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Organising photographs within each folder.

PaulR_UK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Being a new owner of an iPad2 I'm still coming to terms with what it can do. One reason I bought it was to use as a portable photo album but I'm having difficulty getting it to retain the original file order, ie after mastering the 'sync' procedure I can upload from my PC fairly easily. However the iPad is inflexibly programed to sort them 'by creation date'. This is all very well if you don't use a Photoshop type program to tweak them which when you save the adjusted picture then changes the 'creation date'. The result is a seemingly random display within the folder. I've tried altering the creation date of all the photos within a folder before syncing them to the iPad but to no effect - the pictures are not displayed in the order they were taken and as the iPad offers no way of sorting them out once uploaded means that they will forever appear out of the actual sequence in which they were taken. Any ideas how I could get the iPad to display them exactly as in the folder from which I upload them from my PC?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Photos app is pretty basic when it comes to organizing and viewing photos. Many member use third party apps for this. Photo-Sort is popular. Here is a list of some of the other better options. Don't take the ranking too seriously. What you want mostly is one that does what you want, and there are a lot more than what this list contains. Someone else (can't remember who) mention that Photo Manager Pro was his favorite.

Photo Organization Apps: iPad/iPhone Apps AppGuide

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions