What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad doesnt sort photos. I transfered them via itunes from pc to ipad2 &they re mixed

dimitropoulos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad doesnt sort photos. I transfered them from pc to ipad 2 and they appear in folders as i had them but completely random within each folder. I had them all sorted alphabetically and they are not now...and i cant find how to amanage and sort them. Its ridiculous when in a folder u have pics from 20 years ago sorted next to each other and now they mix with photos of today and then again one 15 years ago and so on...

Since thats my first question, i wanna thank everyone in advance for taking the timw to read and hopefully answer me

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i don't have this issue when using a MAC, but i think you need to select it better in itunes photo section, like checkmark the folders to transfer.
hopefully someone with pc can solve this issue.

Rob065

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sort Photos in iPad

I had the same problem as many seem to have had; that is, the iPad doesn't replicate the sequence of photos as they are on my laptop. So, after having read a number of posts, I bought "Photo Sort" for $1.99. But there appears to be no way I can actually sort photos within a folder. Can it be done in "Photo Sort" or is there another app that will do that? I don't think I can change the date/time of those offending photos on my laptop.
Thanks for any help.

cottellr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have just purchased ipad2 and have the same problem the order photos appear in the ipad has nothing to do with date taken or with file name when using photos from my old kodak camera which produced jpeg files that always came into my computer in messed up order anyway

i have a new nikon which produces raw files that i convert to .TIF files
however that produces a different problem
when i try to synch a small album with 6 .TIF files two come thru but the other 4 itunes tells me the ipad cant display them so not synched - same file type so im confused

anyone else using TIF photos?

rwc

louee6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys, just download Photoalbums+, you can make separate picture folders and name them what you want!!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Except that PhotoAlbums+ is an app from Cydia and can only be used on jail broken iPads.

I don't have any other suggestions, other than a 3d party app ... Just didn't want you all distracted by the mention of PhotoAlbums+.

Marilyn

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wait till tomorrow... iOS 5 bring native photo management to the iPad.

-t

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only way photoalbums+ could be improved upon is the ability to sort albums by date and other such parameters and/or the ability to manually rearrange albums and my personal holy grail of iPad photo management, albums within albums.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I spent hours getting holiday photos into a logical sequence on the computer. I used numbers to force the order. However when the folder was loaded into iPad, the order was changed. It looks like date and time of MODIFICATION is the default order.

There's nothing under settings to set the preferences for sorting during an upload.

So Apple please update the photos software to allow sorting by name.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Most reactions