What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wouldn’t Start

Canuckgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad Pro, 12.9, 4th gen wouldn’t start when I unplugged it this morning. It’s working now, so I’m just looking for clarification on what happened.

It showed a diagram with the end of the connector and the bottom of the ipad. There was was a message to go to ~ apple.support ipad ….. Sorry, I forget what it actually said. I went there on my iphone and it said to connect to a computer, etc for a restore.

I had to go out but my husband briefly saw a notification about USB and then the ipad turned on.

Everything seems to be working now.

Any idea what this is about?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If the screen showed something like the picture in this link, it was in recovery mode:

In that case, force starting should get it out of recovery mode without having to restore it:

OP
C

Canuckgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the screen showed something like the picture in this link, it was in recovery mode:

In that case, force starting should get it out of recovery mode without having to restore it:
Yes, it was similar to that picture.

It’s working. I wonder why it was in recovery mode. It really panicked me when it happened.

Thanks for your help.

Most reactions

Latest posts