What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad wouldn't turn off

kizer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last night I was tinkering around and my iPad got down to around 18%. I've only had it for a couple of weeks and I've been charging it a lot since the first week I was on vacation.

Anyways last night I plugged it in. It powered up. I normally just hold down the power button and then shutdown lock. It kept turning back on and finally after the 3rd or 4th attempt I got annoyed and said fine charge while on.

Is there a threshold to which it has to have battery or something? I haven't checked it today since I completely forgot about it this morning.

sdf34sdf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same for me here, normally I just plug it in and then shut it down but yesterday it just kept starting up again so I used the airplane mode.
Don't know if this is on purpose because afaik it always worked when I wanted to charge it when shut down.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apparently there is a "threshold" somewhere around 20%. Above this level, you can power down your iPad while it is charging, but below this, it just insists on turning itself back on.

sdf34sdf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's nice to know, thanks a lot
I will keep an eye on this

Most reactions

Latest posts