What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can’t move a widget

Pauley

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hope I can explain this correctly…I use a cpap machine and I can see my results via a ResMed app. I tried to use a widget, but……the only place I can put it is on a blank screen. If I slide the screen to the right, as far as it can go, I can place the widget there and only there. I know it sounds strange.
imuse a 4th Gen IPad Pro 12.9 inch and 15.5 IOS.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I hope I can explain this correctly…I use a cpap machine and I can see my results via a ResMed app. I tried to use a widget, but……the only place I can put it is on a blank screen. If I slide the screen to the right, as far as it can go, I can place the widget there and only there. I know it sounds strange.
imuse a 4th Gen IPad Pro 12.9 inch and 15.5 IOS.
It will depend on whether the App makes a widget, but to see, you need to go to the Home Screen itself. You then tap in a space or on any App to make them all jiggle. You will then see a + sign to the top left, tap that and you will see a selection of widgets which you can add.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you are using the Customize option instead of the + button to add a widget, then it is a legacy widget. One that was designed for older versions of iOS, and only kept for backwards compatibility. The older versions of widgets could only be placed in that left most screen, and to the left of the first home screen (when that was still a thing, which it no longer is).

All apps should have migrated to the newer versions of widgets by now, which means I won't be surprised if the old ones get dropped in the next version of iOS.

I also have a CPAP, and have the MyAir ResMed app for it. I only have it installed on the phone. Until you posted this question I didn't even realize it had a widget. Mostly because I stopped looking at the legacy widgets a long time ago.

Most reactions

Latest posts