What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you let your coworkers borrow your brand new iPad 2 to "play"?

chelseaboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Never would I allow it,
I love me ipad2 :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would have no problem saying NO. There is so much personal data on an ipad. You have your personal email, which they would easily be able to get into, some have shortcuts to their banking information, and credit cards. Then there's direct access to your apps, and ebook accounts. It would allow the borrower to get all up in your personal business. The answer would be no, but I would give a quick demo. As others have said, people are not that careful with your devices, a drop would be a problem, and they would probably not want to pay for it.

LCW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Co-workers? No effing way would I let them touch my iPad!!

Plainsman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"Hey, I'm going to lunch and need something to do while I eat. Can I borrow your wallet?"

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not without a 500$ non-refundable safety deposit.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd say no. Just tell them you have personal info on it and they should understand. If that doesn't work then fib a little and tell then that last time you loaned it out someone deleted some of your stuff or went through personal documents/email.

arbor53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As long as there Is no personal info on it I would lend it to them, it's an object that can be replaced, id just tell them if you break it you buy it,

Reaction score
Nakcol24 said:
I have had people ask me if it was an iPad and I say yes and then when they ask if they could play around with, I politely say NO. I am not about to take any chances and with my luck some careless person will drop it. My daughter had her iPod Touch less than a week...one of her friends asked to see it and she let her hold it and as soon as she got it, she accidentally dropped it on the concrete. the screen shattered and I ended up having to get it replaced. It's a good thing I had USAA because I would have been out of $99.00 to get it replaced by Apple but luckily USAA covered it.

Sent from my iPad 64G 3G using iPF

I also have USAA. How did u get them to replace an iPod screen??

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If there's personal info I don't want people seeing, I'd say no. If not, no problem. I've passed my iPad around to various family members so they could check email, read news and look at photos. I trust them, so it doesn't worry me.

Back when iPad 1 was new, I bought two -- one as a spare. The spare had all my apps, email accounts, etc., on it. I loaned it to a relative for weeks and finally gave it to her. There are a handful of people I trust like that.

Nakcol24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gretchen_wright23 said:
I also have USAA. How did u get them to replace an iPod screen??

I didn't have the screen replaced....they replaced the iPod lol. I was able to get her a brand new one. :) It's their rental insurance program. Google USAA Rental insurance and it should come up as one of the first hits. It is an excellent program!

Sent from my iPad 2 64G 3G using iPF

msny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sure a lot of people are like me, we store sensitive information on our mobile devices.

But my coworkers like to come to me and ask "May I borrow your iPad for a while to play?" It's very frustrating. I feel weird not lend it to them, but who knows what they will do to it. And what if they spill water on it.. aarrghh this one crazy person loves to eat and drink while browsing on my iPad. My heart is always hanging whenever he does that.

So what are your thoughts? If you are thinking "No", what's a polite way to turn them down?

Would you let them borrow your car?
Your house?
Your clothes?

Would you do that?

arbor53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm glad none of you are my friends, sound like a bunch of tight..... I would lend anything I own to any of my friends / co workers, there just possessions, maybe I'm to generous, just my opinion :)

Most reactions

Latest posts