What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I would like to tell you how iPads changed my lifestyle.

pEAcEmAKeR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I got my iPad 2 for the first time, it was a major impact on the way I was living. Let me give you a few examples.

Notes
I no longer used my agenda and notebook for school. All I needed to do was write down whatever I needed, and check everything off after I was done with it.

GameCenter
Before GameCenter, OpenFient was my only way of playing online with iOS, and that too was limited to only a few apps. GC completely changed my gaming experience with voice chat, and superfast connections. I rarely use my PSN now.

FaceTime
I really hated those tacky, fat cameras on top of my PC just for video chat. And that too could only be used for services like Skype, which used VOiP, and I couldn't chat with anybody who didn't have the app running too. FaceTime changed that. By a giant leap.

Safari
Sure, it's slow. Sure, it has a crappy UI. Sure, it could use Adobe Flash. But at the end of the day, it's the only browser I use to quickly google something, or to research, or to socialize.

Camera + Photos
I love it when my brother is blowing out the candles on his birthday cake, and I can catch it in stunning HD. I love it when I see something funny and can quickly take a picture of it. Every pixel can be seen. And if I have a library of photos on my PC? All I have to do is sync, and I get those photos on my iPad.

Mail
Hate it when mobile browsers seem to take a million years to refresh your inbox? Me too. That's why whenever Mail is pushed to me, I can quickly reply, and while I'm replying, my inbox automatically refreshes itself with new mail. Genius!

Music + Videos
Sure, you can't just carry your iPad in your pocket and listen to music. But it is satisfying to have music playing at the right volume when reading a book, or playing a game. Videos is like my own personal DVD player. In a car ride, I can watch almost anything on a perfect sized screen.

GarageBand
Sure, you might not have any musical talent. But this 4.99 app can change that. With it's smart instruments, stunning UI, and awesomness, you're bound to impress and have fun at the same time.

iBooks
If you love to read, then this is the app for you. Carry as much books as you like in your own personal library, and read them anywhere. With the iBookStore, you can expand your library with even more books that you and younger children will read over and over again.

Well, that's just my view of my iPad. Hope whoever took the time to read it can relate to what I'm saying here! Overall, I am very pleased and impressed with my iPad 2. :D

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What a great review - many thanks for taking the time and trouble to put this together.

Tim

mjtyler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, it certainly made me stop and think about the impact my iPad 2 has had on both my work and personal life and I love my iPad and can't believe how much easier everything is now

Plainsman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A nice review of a life-changing device. As a former user of Day-Timers, myriad pocket notebooks, and the backs of sundry envelopes, I can say that my iP2 has become a kind of "brain-central" for me— all in a little less than two months! Having my calendar and contacts just a tap away is a great help and a good incentive to keep everything up to date. (The calendar can even be used as a client billing time-keeper.) All my notes, a journal, text projects under way, reference materials, building and project plans, a decent modest library including the complete works of Shakespeare, plus an occasional game of Cribbage to unscrabble the gray matter. It really is a "human augmenter."

tremblayd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pEAcEmAKeR said:
When I got my iPad 2 for the first time, it was a major impact on the way I was living. Let me give you a few examples.

Notes
I no longer used my agenda and notebook for school. All I needed to do was write down whatever I needed, and check everything off after I was done with it.

GameCenter
Before GameCenter, OpenFient was my only way of playing online with iOS, and that too was limited to only a few apps. GC completely changed my gaming experience with voice chat, and superfast connections. I rarely use my PSN now.

FaceTime
I really hated those tacky, fat cameras on top of my PC just for video chat. And that too could only be used for services like Skype, which used VOiP, and I couldn't chat with anybody who didn't have the app running too. FaceTime changed that. By a giant leap.

Safari
Sure, it's slow. Sure, it has a crappy UI. Sure, it could use Adobe Flash. But at the end of the day, it's the only browser I use to quickly google something, or to research, or to socialize.

Camera + Photos
I love it when my brother is blowing out the candles on his birthday cake, and I can catch it in stunning HD. I love it when I see something funny and can quickly take a picture of it. Every pixel can be seen. And if I have a library of photos on my PC? All I have to do is sync, and I get those photos on my iPad.

Mail
Hate it when mobile browsers seem to take a million years to refresh your inbox? Me too. That's why whenever Mail is pushed to me, I can quickly reply, and while I'm replying, my inbox automatically refreshes itself with new mail. Genius!

Music + Videos
Sure, you can't just carry your iPad in your pocket and listen to music. But it is satisfying to have music playing at the right volume when reading a book, or playing a game. Videos is like my own personal DVD player. In a car ride, I can watch almost anything on a perfect sized screen.

GarageBand
Sure, you might not have any musical talent. But this 4.99 app can change that. With it's smart instruments, stunning UI, and awesomness, you're bound to impress and have fun at the same time.

iBooks
If you love to read, then this is the app for you. Carry as much books as you like in your own personal library, and read them anywhere. With the iBookStore, you can expand your library with even more books that you and younger children will read over and over again.

Well, that's just my view of my iPad. Hope whoever took the time to read it can relate to what I'm saying here! Overall, I am very pleased and impressed with my iPad 2. :D

Totally agree with you. My parents took my ipad away and i feel NAKED !!!

OP
pEAcEmAKeR

pEAcEmAKeR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tremblayd said:
Totally agree with you. My parents took my ipad away and i feel NAKED !!!
I know the feeling! :D
Anyway, thanks guys, for all the positive comments! Took me almost 30 minutes to write. And it just kinda came to my mind one day. It really is a big impact on the way we live.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
An I'm impressed with what you had to say. It has changed how I do a lot of things also. Thank you

OP
pEAcEmAKeR

pEAcEmAKeR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You know, when iOS5 comes out, I'll have even more stuff to praise. Stay tuned! :D

seggster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree

What an awsome piece of kit an ipad2 is.when I was a kid I could only dream that something like this would ever exist. (I'm 55)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
seggster said:
What an awsome piece of kit an ipad2 is.when I was a kid I could only dream that something like this would ever exist. (I'm 55)

I so agree with you. Who would have thought.

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score

This is how I feel too. When I was younger I was a notebookaholic, along with carrying regular books, music, etc. Now it's all in one place and so, so much more.

You're right threadstarter, this is a revolutionary device.

divine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Indeed. iPad 2 is really a life's changing gadget.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts