What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16, 32, or 64 GB

lawhawk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. This is my first post.

I am going to buy an iPad 2. I'm a Windows/Android guy so I have never owned an iOS device. I'm wondering whether I need to get the 32 or 64 GB model. I read the lifehacker piece on living with "minimal storage space" and I don't see why I would need to get one of the bigger ones.

I do not plan to use the iPad 2 for music at all. I do not plan to save any videos - any videos I watch will probably be browser-based and won't require storage. I don't plan to save any podcasts or audio books. I will probably use it for photos, but more as a photo album with our best 100 pictures as opposed to the thousands I have saved on my laptop.

For those of you that have an iPad - were you happy with the amount of storage you got? Is there something I'm not expecting that will chew up a bunch of my storage?

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
lawhawk said:

I am going to buy an iPad 2. I'm a Windows/Android guy so I have never owned an iOS device. I'm wondering whether I need to get the 32 or 64 GB model. I read the lifehacker piece on living with "minimal storage space" and I don't see why I would need to get one of the bigger ones.

I do not plan to use the iPad 2 for music at all. I do not plan to save any videos - any videos I watch will probably be browser-based and won't require storage. I don't plan to save any podcasts or audio books. I will probably use it for photos, but more as a photo album with our best 100 pictures as opposed to the thousands I have saved on my laptop.

For those of you that have an iPad - were you happy with the amount of storage you got? Is there something I'm not expecting that will chew up a bunch of my storage?

I personally think 32 is just right for most people. It allows the user to have whatever they want on their ipad, plus a little extra. There's nothing really to" chew up" storage per say other than apps, videos, podcasts, and songs. It all really boils down to personal preference.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score

If you aren't keeping music or videos on the device then the 16GB model is more than enough. I use mine in much the same way. I have quite a few apps installed, a few photo albums, numerous ebooks and a full Cydia install. Last time I checked I was using a little less than 4GB of my storage memory. That still leaves me with a little under 75% free storage.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, u would do well with 16gb please its the lowest costing one. I have the 32gb wifi version with 192 apps n games. Heavy duty games takes a chunk outta memory. But if u streaming movies or music, no need for large storage. I got the 32gb because i figured id be doing alot of stuff with my ipad. Glad i did cuz i have 6.6 gb of memory left..lmao

Most reactions

Latest posts