What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you buy an IPAD 1 now?

mac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's an idea for anyone thinking about upgrading from 1 to 2. Buy an Android pad instead now and then upgrade to 3 whenever that appears. That way you have every base covered.

Premium1337

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 1... the new options of the iPad 2 I don't think I'll be able to utilize them that much to make it worth while.

If you plan on playing around with the games a lot and putting the camera to use, then I would most definitely recommend it.

Simple users that just sit and read a book or take notes from the iPad and surf Safari won't notice much of a difference; except for loading large documents and what not.

I'm going to buy the iPad 1 within the next couple of days...and I feel the longer I wait, the more iPad 1st generations will flood sites like eBay and Amazon, making the price around $400 for a barely used iPad 64GB (Wi-Fi Only)...but that's only a prediction.

-Premium1337

carlnj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I pick up my ipad1 late jan 2011, returned yesterday and waiting to get ipad2 Fri. I think anyone bought IPAD1 in 2011 should get full refund or replacement for the new ipad2. I got mine refund after complaining to the store manager.

Frank2k

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I deliberately bought a brand spanking new 16gb wifi only because of the excellent price Apple are shifting these for at the moment. I don't need the faster A5 processor found in the iPad2 and the camera is a waste for me. Why, because I have an iPhone 4 and I never use the camera on the phone as it is and I have a proper DSLR for my picture taking.

What I'm trying to say is that I view the iPad purely as a portable Internet and email device. I have an iPod for music, I have an iPhone for telephony and a Mac for work, so for me the iPad (Classic) fills the gap perfectly and integrates without problems with the rest of my Apple stuff :)

Basically it all comes down to what you are willing to spend on a device to fil you wants and most importantly your needs...

iKarnt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.adapt.com.au
Would I get another iPad 1 you mean?
Well I'm a cheapskate, but I'm not silly either. I would get the latest technology, video camera, more brains, thinner and sd slot. Hell yeah.

If there was a brand new IP1 for just a $100 less than the iPad 2... I would consider the iPad 1 as a waste of my time.
But if the IP1 sold for like 40% less than IP2 then it would be worth it.

normanj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess it depends mainly in how important the camera is for you. To me, it's not.

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Someone just offered me £580 for my 16 Gb 3G, earlier today I was offered £550 from an American friend and now it's gone up! The American was late paying so now I'm considering the £580 offer.

Too good to turn down in my opinion, if I buy the same iPad 2, I'll be up £50.

thekarens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
carlnj said:
I pick up my ipad1 late jan 2011, returned yesterday and waiting to get ipad2 Fri. I think anyone bought IPAD1 in 2011 should get full refund or replacement for the new ipad2. I got mine refund after complaining to the store manager.

Seriously? I think anyone who bothers to do even a little bit of research would know there would be an iPad 2 coming out by April. Apple does a refresh of their products once every year so if you buy or bought one this year that should be on you, not Apple. I don't even like Apple as a product, but I think they are being nice by refunding the price difference if you bought it within the last two weeks.

STEVEMS2305

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I can sell my 64 g w/ WiFi and 3G for $600 I would buy the Ipad 2!

Last edited:

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hasty said:
My iPad 1 has given me pleasure since the day I bought it.
It would have continued to do so if the iPad2 was never announced.
Best toy I've bought in many many years...........

Still I'm looking forward to my new one :)

Absolutely!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

rmojo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just picked up a 32 gig wifi(referb) from Apple. It was only $427. I wanted it for my six year old for school and to see what we can do with it. I have a feeling once we get this one we will want another. We have a 6 year old, 3 yo and a 2yo. So I don't think the wife or I will get to use it much. This was my plan so I could justify buying another down the line. LOL

GeeWillikers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If buying today, no way. I'd wait on the iPad 2 for the processing power alone - especially since it looks like there won't be a price premium.

I love my iPad and was an early adopter, but the 2 is a better iPad in a lot of ways..

GeeWillikers

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I think anyone who bought an iPad 1 in 2011 should have done their homework a little better...

Most reactions

Latest posts