What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Working Maps

MTFire33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a map application that would let you draw on the map itself? For example a radius circle of say 150' or the area of a box that was drawn on the map?

I am a firefighter and it would be nice to be able to draw a circle on a map the area that you would use for a safety zone or the size of a wild land fire.

Thanks in advance,

John

cmalinowski

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a map application that would let you draw on the map itself? For example a radius circle of say 150' or the area of a box that was drawn on the map?

I am a firefighter and it would be nice to be able to draw a circle on a map the area that you would use for a safety zone or the size of a wild land fire.

Thanks in advance,

John
Not sure, but probably google earth.

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does the map need to be interactive once you've determined your radius/box? If not, you could always use the built in Maps application to zoom into the area you want, then take a screenshot of the zoomed-in map area to use as reference later. If you still need the map to be interactive, this won't be useful for your needs.

BTW, to take a screenshot, while holding down the Sleep button, press the Home button once. You will see your screen flash white (and if your volume is up, you'll hear a camera shutter sound). That confirms you took a screenshot which is now saved in your Photo app. This works for anything you see on your screen, no matter what app you're using.

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks in advance,

John

John,
Have you tried using the GPS feature using one of the apps,try Motion X GPS.

Al

OP
MTFire33

MTFire33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas. A static map might work but it sure would be nice just to draw a perimeter circle.

I will have to try one of the GPS apps, I have Motion x drive but that doesnt have that feature. I have also loaded arc maps buit I dont think it has it either.

Most reactions

Latest posts