What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Word attachment layout help

tecboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dont know if this is the correct forum or not...trying to open a word document(attachment in email) on my Ipad. This document was created using a timeline template in MS word 2003. When it opens on the Ipad, the layout is incorrect and unreadable. Any ideas on how to overocome or fix this?

GailLA

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Dont know if this is the correct forum or not...trying to open a word document(attachment in email) on my Ipad. This document was created using a timeline template in MS word 2003. When it opens on the Ipad, the layout is incorrect and unreadable. Any ideas on how to overocome or fix this?

Probably not except to edit it by hand to make it work on some level on the iPad. This is not just a problem with the iPad per se. It is a problem when anything is produced in one application on a particular platform and opened in another application on a different platform even if they both open a particular file format -- .doc for example.

Last edited:

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have any document readers installed, like Documents to Go?

OP
T

tecboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was planning on purchasing Docs to Go premium as soon as they came out with updated Ipad version (which i see was just released). I didnt know if Docs to Go could correctly handle a .doc template file and open/view correctly

Most reactions