What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Woo hoo, iPad has shipped!!!!

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh man, that sucks! Are you at least going to be home to get it when it comes in next week?

I work from home so always am here :D

Moving in a few weeks so just packing up some stuff around the house still.

OP
J

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Oh man, that sucks! Are you at least going to be home to get it when it comes in next week?

Heh, that makes two of us. Working from home definitely has its privileges. But can be more than a little distracting, also.

On the whole, I'll take it. Been self-employed since college and while on the whole it's fun, it does get nerve wracking knowing I can only depend on myself for each check to get by on.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Heh, that makes two of us. Working from home definitely has its privileges. But can be more than a little distracting, also.

On the whole, I'll take it. Been self-employed since college and while on the whole it's fun, it does get nerve wracking knowing I can only depend on myself for each check to get by on.

I'm not self-employed, just office-less. My group is so small and scattered with people around the country, we don't lease office space anymore.

Obviously it's cheaper for the company too as all they reimburse me for is Cell and a home office line. They cut paying for a cable modem stating everyone has internet at home by now, just use that for access. :D

EDIT: My 2nd iPad now has no delivery ETA

Last edited:

martinc31415

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine was scanned in Memphis Tennessee This morning at 1 am local time (2 am my time).

Apple originally gave me a July 9 delivery dat.

When Fed ex got it they changed that date to June 29th.

but it is in Memphis which is only a few hours away, so I called and their automated system said it was en route to the distribution center in my zip code but still with a delivery date of June 29th.

So I persisted until I got a human on the line.

He said my order has not cleared customs and said it would probably be here on Monday (June 28th).

Its like Fed Ex is running a shell game :)

All the dates are better than the original July 9th date so I am not complaining. On the other hand they are dangling that carrot entirely too close.

Maddening!

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In 3-4 years this will all be forgotten, and you will try to remember what all the fuss was about. :D

mslammers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Wonder what this was ?

mypicture1.jpg

Mine looked just like that. Mine was due 1 Jul so it will probably beat that. The delay is customs.

Deamon34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As of 4:30 pm est my status is still prepared for shipping. Strange that people ordered after me and theirs has shipped. I ordered the 16 gig wifi, so maybe that is the difference.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Progress....
(my 2nd iPad case showed up tho....LOL)

At least it's Friday and I don't have to work any more for over 3 weeks.....
mypicture1q.jpg

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Magical devices should migrate at the speed of FiOS to their intended new homes.

Most reactions

Latest posts