What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Woman With Brain Injury Uses iPad to Communicate

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Brain_injury.JPG

Another very interesting story about how useful and indeed vital the iPad can be in the medical field comes from US Today, which highlights the story of Judy Miles (pictured with her therapist, Lindsey Buguee), a nurse from Sioux Falls, who was left with a severe head injury after being run over by a truck in March 2011. For a time, she did not even have the use of her right arm or right leg, and she could not talk or walk. Now, as Judy progresses in her recovery at a rehabilitation centre in Nebraska, she has been using an iPad to communicate for her, enabling her to do such everyday things as order coffee for herself.

“I feel very excited and relieved at the same time,†Judy told US Today via her iPad. “I finally have a way to talk. It has improved my life in many ways such as being able to pick out my clothes in the morning and being able to do simple things such as saying ‘hi’ to a friend.â€

US Today goes on to say that increasingly, new technological devices such as iPads and iPhones are being used to help those with injuries or disabilities. It really is amazing to see.

Source: iPad helps brain-injured woman express herself

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, Maura-for sharing and keeping us in the loop with the ipad technology and health care.

Simply amazing how this device can open up doors for patients dealing with traumatic injuires and/or other medical conditions which limits their quality of care. :)

OP
M

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
You're very welcome and yes it is amazing to think how much the iPad is helping people deal with these medical issues, and to see how it is really helping them in their lives.

Thanks, Maura-for sharing and keeping us in the loop with the ipad technology and health care.

Simply amazing how this device can open up doors for patients dealing with traumatic injuires and/or other medical conditions which limits their quality of care. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts