What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wmv on iPad

Dave t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi ,I'm new to this site,just wanted to know if anybody can help me with what download I need to play wmv files on my pad. Many thanks Dave t....

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello Dave

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry I can't help you with finding an app to play wmv files for the iPad. However there are two apps in the app store for iPhone, one is called WMVPlayer, it costs US$1.99 released in May 2010. The other app is called Share Player--US$3.99, released in January 2010.

I would presume the cheaper app would be better on the iPad since the developers had a month of iPad availability.

Perhaps another forum member will have a better suggestion.

If you want an app that helps you manage all the apps available in iTunes, get the appshopper app. This is a very useful app that is much easier to manipulate than going to the app store.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, Dave -

I don't know how you have the wmv files on your iPad, but if you are getting them through e-mails, try the free app "yxplayer2 lite."

I have a girlfriend who always sends me cute videos and the majority of them are wmv files. I used to have to wait until I could access them via my PC - then I stumbled across this app. So far, it's played every wmv she's sent me.

One the app is installed, you just press on and hold the file in your e-mail until the little pop-up appears asking with which file you want to open the wmv. Select yxplayer lite and it'll open and you are watching wmv files!

Two caveats here: One, I've not tried this app on anything but e-mailed attachments and two, you do see ads at the bottom of the viewing screen. For me, if this continues to work, I'll buy the full version (which'll both get rid of the ads and thank the developer for it...).

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

OP
D

Dave t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you ,iwill try this app now many thanks

Dave t

OP
D

Dave t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your response
But this app don't work with email wmv. Matt Im

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Huh. That's odd - that an app works for one person, but not another.

Oh well, I tried. Good luck in your search...

Marilyn

P. S. BTW - and not to be rude - you did try the yxplayer2 lite, correct? It's just that there is a version without the 2, and I think that one's not for the iPad... Other than that, again, sorry, I got nothing.

Yorke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks

Many thanks for your post. I am new to the iPad world & downloaded yxplayer2 lite & was immediately able to watch emailed .wmv files !

getmikie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With yxplayer I can watch wave files but i do not have the sound any one know how to fix the problem.

Most reactions

Latest posts