What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless router connectivity issue

ls224

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been experiencing issues obtaining consistent connectivity on the ipad 2, my laptop, and my wii connection. Changing setting on router to wpa2 provides great connectivity for the ipad2 but not my laptop and wii. Changing to wpa provides connectivity for my laptop and wii but not my ipad2. Any suggestions for consistent connectivity on all devices?

GadgetGeek71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What type of router do you have? Dual Freq.? Do you live in an apartment or condo? Have you made any big changes to the location of the router?

Sorry for all of the questions but, one of these could be the culprit.

OP
L

ls224

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a d link router. I live in a house. No major changes to the location of the router. How can I check if it's dual frequency? I'm not sure about that one....

GadgetGeek71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check the back of the router and, if it's dual, it should show both freq. (2.4 & 5 GHz). The dual band is a relatively new feature so, the age of the router will also determine if it's one or the other.

Did all of your wireless devices start having issues at the same time? If so, you may look into buying a new router.

Rog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On your router I would recommend not using the N ( use b/g) speed setting and changing the channel to a single number like 6.

Wpa2 will work with a ps3.

You may have to play around with the channels a bit but that should take care of it.

Sent from my huge iPod touch via IPF.

OP
L

ls224

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The issues started when I got the ipad2. I couldn't maintain connectivity on the ipad2 under the wpa setting, but the laptop and wii were connecting to the internet just fine. Ipad would work for five minutes then stop, and I'd have to restart the iPad to get connected again. So it was suggested that I changed to wpa2 . Once I did that, the ipad2 had no connectivity issues but now, I couldn't connect on my laptop or wii. So I've been changing the setting back and forth from wpa to wpa2, depending on which device I'm using at that time. This is quite annoying as you can imagine!

GadgetGeek71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On your router I would recommend not using the N ( use b/g) speed setting and changing the channel to a single number like 6.

Wpa2 will work with a ps3.

You may have to play around with the channels a bit but that should take care of it.

Sent from my huge iPod touch via IPF.

I think Rog nailed it...I completely forgot to mention changing the channel.

Most reactions

Latest posts