What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Router Issues

WebKill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I have read about iPad 2 wifi issues, but I haven't yet figured out my particular issue. When I connect my iPad 2 to my Linksys WRT160n, the next day the wireless stops working, no device can connect, Windows laptop, iPad, Kindle, they all say invalid network key but nothing has changed, if I reboot the router it's all fine again. This all started when I got my iPad, I tried updating the router firmware and resetting it back to factory defaults and setting it back up again with recomended settings from other posts, WPA2, not dual band, 20 mh only. Any ideas?

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WebKill said:
So I have read about iPad 2 wifi issues, but I haven't yet figured out my particular issue. When I connect my iPad 2 to my Linksys WRT160n, the next day the wireless stops working, no device can connect, Windows laptop, iPad, Kindle, they all say invalid network key but nothing has changed, if I reboot the router it's all fine again. This all started when I got my iPad, I tried updating the router firmware and resetting it back to factory defaults and setting it back up again with recomended settings from other posts, WPA2, not dual band, 20 mh only. Any ideas?

There have been a number of postings here about this router..... I googled it, and seems that rebooting it is the only way to overcome the issue. Maybe a new router?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
W

WebKill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, that is the main post I used when reconfiguring everything. It's just so strange that the iPad makes the wireless stop workign for everything. I tested turngin the WiFi off on the iPad and everything works fine, but once I start using it, the next day the wireless is down and I have to reboot the router.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It might be some kind of blocking feature in the router's settings. For some reason it's identifying the iPad as a problem and shutting down your connection. Check under your security settings, anything that talks about IP blocking. Look over the logs for other clues.

With all the different router's out there, and very little standardization, it's hard to make good suggestions remotely.

Most reactions

Latest posts