What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winterboard theme for ipad 2

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know the ipad 2 jailbreak just came out but i was wondering if any theme makers released any news about updating their ipad 1 themes for the second gen device.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
GenerationX said:
I know the ipad 2 jailbreak just came out but i was wondering if any theme makers released any news about updating their ipad 1 themes for the second gen device.

Why would they need to do that?.....still same OS....all the files are in the same directories as they are on the ipad1.

OP
GenerationX

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well the fact that the camera app doesnt get customized annoys me, as well as photobooth

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
GenerationX said:
Well the fact that the camera app doesnt get customized annoys me, as well as photobooth

Ahhhh...I see....then I'm sure theme developers will update soon. You can install 'masks' and create your own icon themes...;) and use pre-made ones as well.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, truthfully, the iPad is kind of the red-headed-stepchild...with freckles (!) when it comes to themes. We don't get that many - or as many as the iPhone/Touch do.

In Cydia, on the front page, saurik has a "Themes" link. Pressing it will take you to some specific iPad themes. The best ones, IMNSHO, are paid - but there are some pretty nice free ones. I personally use BlueiPad V2, which is very nice, finely detailed theme. One good thing is it automatically skins icons from the Apple Store upon download (and some Cydia ones).

Yeah, it's $2.00 (USD), but I'd be interested in hearing if an install of it does result in a theming of those icons you have on your iPad2.

I am sure that, given time, the folk that do develop themes for the iPad will work in the iPad2 specific apps.

Or, you could work on making one of your own, selling it and making the big bucks... ;)

Marilyn

Nolegirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, truthfully, the iPad is kind of the red-headed-stepchild...with freckles (!) when it comes to themes. We don't get that many - or as many as the iPhone/Touch do.

In Cydia, on the front page, saurik has a "Themes" link. Pressing it will take you to some specific iPad themes. The best ones, IMNSHO, are paid - but there are some pretty nice free ones. I personally use BlueiPad V2, which is very nice, finely detailed theme. One good thing is it automatically skins icons from the Apple Store upon download (and some Cydia ones).

Yeah, it's $2.00 (USD), but I'd be interested in hearing if an install of it does result in a theming of those icons you have on your iPad2.

I am sure that, given time, the folk that do develop themes for the iPad will work in the iPad2 specific apps.

Or, you could work on making one of your own, selling it and making the big bucks... ;)

Marilyn

So Winterboard is working for iPad 2 afterall? I am asking because I read on another forum that it wasn't compatible with iPad 2 and wanted to confirm.

Ilikeapps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nolegirl said:
So Winterboard is working for iPad 2 afterall? I am asking because I read on another forum that it wasn't compatible with iPad 2 and wanted to confirm.

I can't seem to get the battery colors to change or any of the themes except for the black UPS I downloaded?

keyblade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Winterboard stalled at install, so after 20 min I canceled, my iPad 2 screen flickered and then took a pretty long time to restart.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, Winterboard does work (5Row Keyboard runs on it ... and I know people have gotten that on their newly jail broke iPad2s).

It's just that, as I said, iPads are red-headed step-children for any Winterboard tweaks and themes. It really is a crapshoot to find the ones that work well with the iPad.

Happy hunting.

Marilyn

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, that's not it. Winterboard is compatible, it's just that not that many developers have created tweaks and themes (that work with Winterboard) for the iPad. It's like Winterboard is standing there, saying "I'm open, throw me the ball!" - but no one is throwing the ball... :)

For all but the past year, it's been all iPhone, all the time. The iPad community is playing catch-up (if they are playing at all...).

Marilyn

Nolegirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, that's not it. Winterboard is compatible, it's just that not that many developers have created tweaks and themes (that work with Winterboard) for the iPad. It's like Winterboard is standing there, saying "I'm open, throw me the ball!" - but no one is throwing the ball... :)

For all but the past year, it's been all iPhone, all the time. The iPad community is playing catch-up (if they are playing at all...).

Marilyn

Oh, okay. I understand. I realized there weren't many iPad specific themes when I JB my 1st Gen iPad, but I found a couple that I liked. As long as I can find those again, I'm good:D
Thanks, for clarifying, off to Jailbreakme.com.

OP
GenerationX

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:

Marilyn

Im having another problem with the themes. When i select them in winterboard, my lock screen and wall paper dont change :/

teedubbz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:

Marilyn

I'm using blueipad v2 as well and it's "border" theming all of my apps except for phonebooth, FaceTime and removeBG.. Great theme!

Also, my winterboard install was slow and seemed to freeze but I just let it go and if did finish.. Took more than 10 minutes!

T

Most reactions

Latest posts