What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winterboard on 5.01?

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How come none of the themes I had on my 4.3.3 work on 5.01? I have the same settings and all the files at the same place as before updating. However, the stock slider and the hideous slide show icon, are still present. Even with the themes activated in WB...

Also, is SmartScreen incompatible with IOS 5? I wanted the clock on the lock screen, and I had for a while, but it vanished and I can't get it back..

//Stefan ☕

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
not all the tweak that worked on the previous 4.3.3 vers will work on 5.0.1 ... Usually there will be a detail info on the tweak or app page in cydia about compatiblity to IOS 5

and It seems that most of the "themes" are yet to be upgraded to work on IOS 5

you might want to check before installing, also there was a thread discussing this issue on this forum .. just "search" it

or googled IOS5 Compatible Cydia tweaks and Apps ..

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In addition to many of the tweaks and themes not being updated - Apple also changed the names and locations of many of the iOS 4.x file names and images.

For example, go back to my sticky on removing the slideshow icon (here: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...94-how-hide-lock-screen-slideshow-icon-2.html) and see my update, either in the first post or at post #15. If you make the changes I wrote about, that stoooopid slideshow icon will go away again.

It doesn't appear as if SmartScreen is compatible, yet, with iOS 5 (I don't use it any longer - so I had to go look). In fact, I couldn't find it in Cydia (nor could I find anything about "MediaPhone"). Smartscreen also doesn't show up in the Google Docs list (maintained by users) that tracks iOS 5 compatibility ("iOS 5 - Cydia Tweaks Compatibillity List"). I'm afraid it's gone ... for the nonce.

For the Lockscreen clock, I use MoveToUnlock ($0,99, USD), which gives you the option to hide/undhide the clock and/or the unlock slider. Maybe that'll work for you?

Sorry to not give you better news. Guess that's what we get when we upgrade - sometimes developers fall behind (and, of course, it didn't help when Apple changed the names and file locations!).

But, maybe some of this will help?

Marilyn

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple has redone the names of certain stuff in iOS 5, I had to completely re-do my NoSlider theme to work with iOS 5.

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if only i can do half of what you all can do to tweak the files system ...

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if only i can do half of what you all can do to tweak the files system ...

Oh, dude, I am nowhere even close to even scratching the surface of understanding the iOS filesystem, compared to someone like Jay Freeman.

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oh well graywolf, not necessarily into that far ... but i've been wanting to colorise my slider button and replace the boring clock to something more fascinating .. spending the entire night trying themes or tweaks to no avail .. even if it got installed to winterboard ..

maybeeee if i could do a bit of tweak into the file system i could manage something like what marylin do to the slideshow icon or you to the no slider ... at least :)

Most reactions

Latest posts