What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windows Remote Desktop Access!

Grace2804

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

I was hoping someone could help me!
Is there any app available that will allow me to access a remote desktop that is windows based, without having to install anything on the PC in question?

My work operates from a remote server, which we access via the remote desktop function on our windows-based lap tops. I'd really like to use an iPad for work rather than my laptop, the trouble is just that I cannot install anything on the remote server or "remote PC" and many apps require this.

I'm fairly new to this - Is there any app which will allow me to connect to the remote desktop wirelessly, as I am able to do on my laptop, without installing anything on the "remote PC"?

Another question - if such a thing DOES exist, can I still use all the programs on my remote desktop (windows programs like exel, word, etc.)?

Help!
Thanks for any feedback you can give, it is truly much appreciated!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

I was hoping someone could help me!
Is there any app available that will allow me to access a remote desktop that is windows based, without having to install anything on the PC in question?

My work operates from a remote server, which we access via the remote desktop function on our windows-based lap tops. I'd really like to use an iPad for work rather than my laptop, the trouble is just that I cannot install anything on the remote server or "remote PC" and many apps require this.

I'm fairly new to this - Is there any app which will allow me to connect to the remote desktop wirelessly, as I am able to do on my laptop, without installing anything on the "remote PC"?

Another question - if such a thing DOES exist, can I still use all the programs on my remote desktop (windows programs like exel, word, etc.)?

Help!
Thanks for any feedback you can give, it is truly much appreciated!

What I didn't quite understand is that you say you currently access your work on the remote server via the remote desktop function on your laptop. Doesn't that remote desktop function on your laptop interact with a program installed on the remote server? If so, what is the remote desktop program that you're currently using? Maybe there's a compatible iPad app that could interact with your remote server (since I'm assuming there is some program on your server that enables the interaction with your laptop).

If I've misunderstood the problem, please forgive me.

Tim

Reaction score
It is entirely possible. All windows PC's come with a native RDP client, so there is actually no need to use an app which requires a PC counterpart, but since that is often easier to setup is that still the more widely used method among users.

Anyway, there are various apps, which can do so. Here a short list:

itap rdp' and 'remote desktop - rdp' and 'jumpdesktop' will work with windows native rdp protocol.

If you need to connect to VPN, than 'itap vpn' or 'iteleport' are good choices.

JumpDesktop is supposed to be a very good choice of the ones mentioned above and would be the one I would buy for this purpose.

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
It is entirely possible. All windows PC's come with a native RDP client, so there is actually no need to use an app which requires a PC counterpart, but since that is often easier to setup is that still the more widely used method among users.

Anyway, there are various apps, which can do so. Here a short list:

itap rdp' and 'remote desktop - rdp' and 'jumpdesktop' will work with windows native rdp protocol.

If you need to connect to VPN, than 'itap vpn' or 'iteleport' are good choices.

JumpDesktop is supposed to be a very good choice of the ones mentioned above and would be the one I would buy for this purpose.

I've personally found iTap RDP to be a great RDP client... Highly recommended!

coolaunt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have same question

I can remote into work as follow.
First I go to a web link my company has setup. Once there I must enter my company user is and my pin and code from my RSA SecureID. I leave the web connection open then from my computer I run Windows Remote Desktop that is set up with the IPL address for my computer in the office.

I would like to connect the same way from my Ipad. PC Security at my company does not allow any software to be installed. If I can find an app that works the same way as Windows Remote Desktop I should be able to remote in through the secure website and my ID and RSA SecureID.

Every app I researched requires that software also be installed on the remote PC.

Does any one know of an app that would allow me to do this? I would much rather travel with my iPad than my laptop.

aliasgar78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can try using various remote support services such as logmeinrescue.com, gosupportnow.com etc in order to enable remote access.

Kiaura

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a regular user of Windows 7 Remote Desktop Connection from my home laptop to work computer, I found that Jump Desktop suits my needs best. I did not need to install any software on my work computer and I can access my work computer when it is logged off. It has taken longer to register and reply to this thread than it did to get the Jump Desktop working :D

Reaction score
Take a look at PocketCloud by Wyse. I believe the free version allows you to save one RDP connection. The paid version allows you to save more.

--Tom--

Most reactions

Latest posts