What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

remote desktop

wirewiz39

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First I'd like to say hello as I am a new Ipad owner and am new to these forums. I would like to remotely control my PC using my Ipad, but haven't been able to get it set up. I wonder if there is a free app that is supposed to allow remote access.

Stephen777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure if there are any free ones at the moment. I have a paid app that I can do it with.

Reaction score
For accessing a pc remotely over 3G, either Teamviewer, or VMware view are superior choices.

Both are free and require no extra setup. Just install the app and it's PC counterpart and you can remote control the pc from anywhere.

OP
W

wirewiz39

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For accessing a pc remotely over 3G, either Teamviewer, or VMware view are superior choices.

Both are free and require no extra setup. Just install the app and it's PC counterpart and you can remote control the pc from anywhere.
I just wanted to thank you for your quick response and let you know that I got the Teamviewer App and it works beautifully. I really appreciate your help, Ed Moon.

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I use Teamviewer. It is a great free app. I have used VMware, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you have to be on the same wireless network in order to use the remote desktop. But I would go with Teamviewer.

coolaliasgar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quality remote support applications can never be free though. You can try using TeamViewer to remotely control your PC from iPad. Also, if you wish to have view only connection between iPad and your PC, you can try using gosupportnow remote support service.

Most reactions

Latest posts