What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windows explorer equivalent in Ipad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamsida

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to organize my thousands of photo in Ipad. There are thousand of apps
for ipad but could not find anything. I don'r even know where my harddrrive is, please help.

Texas Holders

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried the Shutterfly App? They offer free unlimited storage of photos. You can create folders to organize your photos as well.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

dmspen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You cannot organize an ipad like a PC - at least not from the iPad itself. There are PC programs like DiskAid that will allow you to access your iPad in an explorer like manner, but be wary of trying to change the folder structure. You may cause the OS to 'not see' the pictures anymore.

grouchomarx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried the Shutterfly App? They offer free unlimited storage of photos. You can create folders to organize your photos as well.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

For photo management, Tex's suggestion is right on. The alternative could be PhotoManagerPro which I like a lot.

However, there is nothing on iPad that is truely Explorer-like. I've tried FileExplorer which fairly close but still no cigar since it cannot associate any external application other than its native ones. It's the natural limiation of iOS and I don't think there is a way to get around it. So there will be a lot of reinvented wheels and wasted resources due to this design nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts