What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 Email

clearbags19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my ipad doesn't allow me to keep all my emails once i have viewed them. they stay there for a couple of days then they dissapear even though i have clicked the option of keeping a thousand old emails. Any help?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sounds like you have an Exchange type account setup.

Open your account under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Look for a setting for Mail Days to Sync. It's set at 3 by default. This settings takes precedence over the number of emails to sync.

tsmrg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine has no problem in keeping received but IT CAN NOT SEND EMAILS AT ALL. i have deleted the accounts, did new setup but it wont send, no problem in receiving. If you can help i will be gratefull

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
C

clearbags19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no problem receiving emails but they only last a couple of days and then they disappear and when i try and fetch them from the server they can't be found unless i go back on the computer and open my outlook account and look at them that way. it's a pain in the ass.

have you tried playing around with your outgoing mail server?

Sent from my iPad

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Mine has no problem in keeping received but IT CAN NOT SEND EMAILS AT ALL. i have deleted the accounts, did new setup but it wont send, no problem in receiving. If you can help i will be gratefull

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Try digging into your account settings on the iPad, find the SSL setting and turn it on. This sometimes works.

Most reactions