What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will you update your OS day of release or wait? Why?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated my iPod touch 4, which I treat as a sort of disposable device. (I use it for books and music on the subway mostly, without any personal data like email, contacts, etc., so that if it gets snatched, I won't sweat it much.) I launched the upgrade OTA, went out and it was done when I got back.

I wanted to check out iOS 6 without messing up my Google maps on iPad or iPhone. Glad I didn't. I'm going to keep those on iOS 5.1.1 indefinitely.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for that info, Kay. I think I'll upgrade my iPad, since its wifi only (actually 3G with no sim) and leave my iPhone on 5.1.1. Maps are pretty important to me so for now I don't want to lose the Google version.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

mandapandalove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated as soon as I could this afternoon.

My usb dual charger...

Attachments

• image-3413381194.jpg
    image-3413381194.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 245

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm holding out until JB is out for iOS 6, I have a few tweaks which is utmost important for me to lose ;)

waah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Already updated! It took a long time but was worth the wait!

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just got the iTunes 10.7 update, backed up the iPad, are getting the iOS 6 update tonight. So excited.

waah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Starting update now, wish me luck!

Best of luck goofy! Barring the maps, IOS 6 is great! (I rarely use maps so...). It looks slicker and crisper! The search engine in App store works like a charm!

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The upate went well, I expected to have to restore from a backup, but didn't have to. Websites are loading much faster, but the iPF site got completely mangled :(

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts