What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

will we ever see iPad webcam?

matt_90036

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1) will we ever get to see external webcam for 1st generation iPads? i don't think it would be too complicated for apple or 3rd party to develop a webcam that you connect through the apple's proprietary connector. i know that 2nd generation iPad will get a built in webcam but i can't wait another 6 months, i am leaving the country next month...
2) why is there so few iPad accessories? i would like to see external webcam, wireless speakers, GPS add-on and remote control....

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you do know the whole thing about a camera on a ipad is like a computer in a outhouse right ..

the whole thing the camera thing is going to cost you battie life in the long run and they really did work hard to get you the battie life that you have now on the ipad and if you did get a camera on the ipad how are you going to work it in the way that you can use it ..

thing about the ipad is perfect the way it is and it was design to be the way it is without a camera system for a reason ..

and not to be a smart--- about this next statement but iam tired of hearing about the next gen and a camera set up..this subect has been beat to death and the camera issues and the why did it not a have camera ....

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you do know the whole thing about a camera on a ipad is like a computer in a outhouse right ..

the whole thing the camera thing is going to cost you battie life in the long run and they really did work hard to get you the battie life that you have now on the ipad and if you did get a camera on the ipad how are you going to work it in the way that you can use it ..

thing about the ipad is perfect the way it is and it was design to be the way it is without a camera system for a reason ..

and not to be a smart--- about this next statement but iam tired of hearing about the next gen and a camera set up..this subect has been beat to death and the camera issues and the why did it not a have camera ....

People don't want a camera on the back to take photos...that would make no sense. People want a front facing camera to do video conferencing.

bieber fever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.mudkipz.ws

People don't want a camera on the back to take photos...that would make no sense. People want a front facing camera to do video conferencing.

Exactly. I really think the iPad can do better without the camera. Just doesn't feel right to me, having an iPad with a camera.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iam not trying to be mean and rube with this statement but there is a reason why apple did not put a camera on it and think about the reason behind it and the reason why apples offers a camera connection set up as a aftermarket system..it was meant to be a device that did not have a camera in it ..so enjoy it and lets leave the whole if the second gen ipad what it is going to have when steve jobs gets on stage again and says the magic words of ipad now has come full circle and here are the inprovements we have done ..

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No real reason to have a forward facing camera other than video conferencing.

I suspect facetime wasn't ready when the iPad was finalised for production so there was no imperative to include one. Now it's working I expect all future iterations will include the camera both as a selling point and as a means of establishing facetime as a web standard.

OP
M

matt_90036

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oh no, i am not insisiting on apple putting webcam on iPad. i am just saying that it would be nice if a webcam could be attached to the iPad. seems like a win win situations henry doesn't it? you can just put on a webcam whenever you want to use video on skype and take it off during normal usage. that's all i want.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'd say there's a market for such a camera, as this topic keeps coming up, but I suspect developers are holding off until iOS4 arrives. No point getting it working with one OS and getting left behind. (Personally, I would do that, as the company that gets there first will have the most market share by snagging the early adopters, but that's just me).

Most reactions

Latest posts