What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will it get restored to factory setting ?

abu7maid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I want to upgrade my ipad 2 to iOS5, but I have lots of saved data in different apps. If I update, will all progress disappear and get restored to factory setting?? (I'm mainly concerned with my Angry Birds scores to be honest :p)

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Before you update, back up all your iPad, apps and personal data first. Then go through the upgrade feature.

When I did mine last week, iOS 5 upgraded and installed within about 10-15 mins. When it finished all my apps and music had gone. I then did a restore from save. My music and apps didn't come back. So I spent 15 mins or so manually re-syncing or copying my apps and music back over to exactly the way I like it.
Then when I opened all these apps, all my personal data was restored exactly as I'd left it. Every app.

Most reactions