What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wild hair... is there a way to link vidoe on two ipads together

Iliad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
trying to build a portable and temporary video solution for the car by utilizing headrest mounts for rear seat passengers, mainly my kids. i started thinking about what a nightmare it could become if one is watching something and the other wants to watch the same thing so i decided it may be best to buy one of those cheasy dual screen dvd players...

ipads would be WAY cooler. is there a way to display the same video on two ipads simultaneously?

Elcom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Airview allows you to stream video from your ipad to any ios device.
Sounds like exactly what you need and its free.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Load the movies on both iPads and hand out earphones. Ends all arguments about pausing, volume, or changing movies. Also less distracting for the driver.

OP
I

Iliad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
Load the movies on both iPads and hand out earphones. Ends all arguments about pausing, volume, or changing movies. Also less distracting for the driver.

They are 5 and 2 and will be in the car for 10 hours. NOTHING will end all arguments.

I guess what I'm trying to do with the iPads isn't possible. I'll just buy a cheap dual screen DVD player.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Iliad said:
They are 5 and 2 and will be in the car for 10 hours. NOTHING will end all arguments.

I guess what I'm trying to do with the iPads isn't possible. I'll just buy a cheap dual screen DVD player.

Heh, I remember, though not from a parent's point of view. For what you want the DVD player is probably best, and a whole lot cheaper.

iDonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Iliad said:
trying to build a portable and temporary video solution for the car by utilizing headrest mounts for rear seat passengers, mainly my kids. i started thinking about what a nightmare it could become if one is watching something and the other wants to watch the same thing so i decided it may be best to buy one of those cheasy dual screen dvd players...

ipads would be WAY cooler. is there a way to display the same video on two ipads simultaneously?

I've solved this with a Pioneer Avic f10bt including an iPod cable. Currently, the f20bt is commonly sold by Pioneer.
This connects my iPod with the system and I can play the videos on the backscreens. When connecting the earphones, I can listen to radio, Cd or whatever in the front, by using the dualzone option.
I don't remember the brand of the back screens, but its a well known brand. After all, the brand of the backscreens does not matter that much since a standard video signal that goes from the nav.system to the screens.

iDonkey

iDonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Be aware that you need wifi for airview. You might consider an Huawei 210 for this
It is operated on batteries and gives you 3g capabilities.

Elcom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iDonkey said:
Be aware that you need wifi for airview. You might consider an Huawei 210 for this
It is operated on batteries and gives you 3g capabilities.

That isn't percise.
The videos are streamed via wifi, but you dont need a data connection for it.
The app uses wifi technology to stream. That's how the devices communicate with one another, but again no internet data is used.
There is no need for internet connectivity.
Just read it here:
http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/19/app-review-airview/

Most reactions