What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi on ipad 2 keeps disconnecting

Bushwhacker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wifi on iPad 2 keeps disconnecting at home, about once a day, or if i leave home. I can turn off an on wifi unit and iPad works again?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello & welcome to the forum! :) From another of your posts, appears that you have upgraded to iOS 7.x - correct? If so, did the problem w/ Wi-Fi start after that installation? Do other Wi-Fi devices connect to your home network, i.e. is the problem only w/ the iPad? Can you connect the iPad to another Wi-Fi network (e.g. Starbucks, McDonalds, etc.)? These answers may help others provide more specific advice.

If not already done, I would first 'Reset' the iPad (directions below if not familiar w/ the maneuver - and be sure the Apple logo appears); if that is of no help, then 'power recycle' your modem & router (i.e. turn off the power or pull the plug, wait a little, and then in sequence re-power the modem & then the router); and if still unsuccessful, go into Settings > Wi-Fi > Info button on your active network, then select 'Forget this Network' - finally re-establish a connection; if none of these suggestions helps, then post back! - good luck! Dave

Reset - press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - this may take a longer time, so have patience; the iPad will 're-boot' - NOTE that none of these maneuvers will alter your apps, files, or settings.

Last edited:
OP
B

Bushwhacker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, yes, I have the latest update, the problem is only at home, maybe it's the router?

Dfwflyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a similar issue at work. It the screen lock comes on, it get kicked off the WIFI and have to relogin into the WIFI. Is there a way to keep the IPAD from turning off the WIFI? I assume it is doing it to conserve battery, but that I don't care about. If no setting, any hack?

Most reactions

Latest posts