What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi drops when streaming after ios8 update

Chopperpilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all! Your help is needed. Since the ios8 update, when trying to stream web content (YouTube, pandora, or any other video on the web). My home wifi disconnects right away. And if I try to reconnect, my wifi will connect and disconnect very rapidly. I then have to power my iPad off. Once power is back up, I can connect to the Internet, use apps or anything else on the web that doesn't involve streaming. I've rest router and modem, reset network settings on iPad, turned off location services for networking. All was working fine prior to this update. I've searched the web, but can't seem to find anyone with the same sort of problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If your router supports the 5 GHz band, try turning it off, or changing the channel. I'm guessing lower is better. This has worked for a few people experiencing wi-fi disconnect and slowdown issues. A slow connection would have a larger impact on streaming than browsing.

Most reactions