What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Keeps Getting Knocked Off Internet ??

NorPlan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We are a 2 / iPad 2 & 1 Laptop Family..lol.. We use HiSpeed DSL off a WiFi Modem.. I have no problems with my iPad, it's my Wife's iPad .. She is Constently getting Knocked Off / Disconnected from the Internet for whatever reason.. We did contact the Carrier and they did a Performance Test which indicated Nothing Wrong @ their end... Ideas & Thoughts as to what could be the issue appreciated, Cheers Thanks

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Which iPad does your wife use? Have you tried rebooting the WiFi router?

Agree w/ Scifan.. - 'power cycle' your equipment, WiFi router, DSL modem (if separate), and restart your wife's iPad using both the ON-OFF & HOME buttons; often solves these issues - the DHCP service in the router may have a conflicting internal IP address for her device? Dave :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPad 2 can be as old as 7 years and there is the possibility that there may be a hardware fault with the iPad that is preventing a stable WiFi connection. Have your wife try connecting with another hotspot to see if the same problem persists. If it does, it increases the probability of a hardware fault in the iPad.

OP
NorPlan

NorPlan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad 2 can be as old as 7 years and there is the possibility that there may be a hardware fault with the iPad that is preventing a stable WiFi connection. Have your wife try connecting with another hotspot to see if the same problem persists. If it does, it increases the probability of a hardware fault in the iPad.

The Wife's iPad has to be 10 / 11 yrs old. Mine was bought a year later...

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Wife's iPad has to be 10 / 11 yrs old. Mine was bought a year later...

Well, the first iPad (1) was released in 2010, so 8 years old at the most - I bought the iPad 2 in 2011 and replaced w/ an iPad Air 2 about 4 years later; now need a newer iPad (battery issue). Please try the suggestions given in previous posts. Dave :)

jarvannaer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad has been released in the 9.7-inch air series and the 7.9-inch mini, such as iPad mini3, iPad AIR2, iPad mini4, etc. Until 2016, Apple released the 12.9-inch iPad pro

Most reactions

Latest posts