What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi issues for ipad 3

rockman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have u experienced any connectivity problem in your iPad 3 using wifi? There have been several reports about it and apple is replacing their unit if found faulty. Mine is working fine.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No problems here that I couldn't solve. I'm restricted by BT router speeds.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

OP
R

rockman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice to hear we all received the best working condition iPad. For those who are encountering such wifi issue. For an electronic device i believe its just normal that manufacturers have certain defect rate. But for apple products it seems very minimal. The good thing is they are offering replacement for a defective product. Can be refurbish though but still a good service offered compared to other competing brands.

WindOS VII

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is fine, sometimes limited by broadcasting range of establishment I'm in.

edlsen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had issues initially that happened when trying to connect to my Netgear router. If I tethered to my phone, the wifi signal was fine so I went online and found that Netgear and Apple have long history of not always playing well together.

I ended up buying an Airport Extreme and I get a signal anywhere around the house now.

Funny, I went from not owning any Apple products to owning two in a few weeks. Now I'm looking at possibly replacing my pc that just lost its hard drive with a Mac. It's a sickness, I tell you.

Jared

Kenstephens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having issues with mine. It tends to stop and start.

I've run several tests against my MacBook on the same wifi network and the iPad is always slower, sometimes not by much but often it takes twice as long to download a YouTube vid.

I called Support and they had me reset network settings which improved things for a day, now they're getting worse again.

They said the next thing is a system reset. Can anyone tell me what I'll lose by doing that?

Ken

OP
R

rockman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Begin by pressing the hold and home buttons at the same time. The hold button is the one on the top right corner of the iPad. The home button is the round one at the bottom center of the iPad's front

Continue to hold these buttons until one of two things happen: either the screen will flash and go dark, or a red slider will appear at the top of the screen

If the slider appears, you can slide it to the right to turn off the iPad (or tap the cancel button if you change your mind)

When the iPad's screen goes dark, the iPad is off

Restart the iPad by holding down the Hold button until the Apple icon appears. Let go of the buttons and the iPad reset will be complete.

Resetting the iPad shouldn't normally cause you to lose and data or settings.

In some cases, reset can also refer to restoring the iPad to its factory settings and deleting all data. In any case it is recommended u back ur important data.

syy89

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No WiFi issues whatsoever on my white 64 GB WiFi new iPad.

Last edited:

douglashh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had wifi issues, couldn't connect when over 30 feet from router. Took it back to the Apple store when I purchased it and they gave me a new one. Can go a few feet farther from the router now but still not what I would call acceptable. Sitting in front of my computer I can see my next door neighbors wifi no problem and my iPad can't even see it.

Also compared to a friends MacBook when he came over and he can us it upstairs and my iPad can't even find the wifi signal when I'm sitting right next to him.

I think there are some issues Apple needs to address regarding wifi. There are about 80 pages of complaints on the Apple Forums dealing with wifi issues.

headpin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New Ipad 3 with WiFi 4g 64GB. Using home Netgear Router. No problems so far touch wood. Also no problems connecting at various business locations too.

dsvbohica

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have two new iPads , both are black, one will lose connection and reconnect continuously and the other has no problems at all. Been thinking about a reset to see if it will
Take care of the problem . If it doesn't I will definetly be taking it back.

Most reactions

Latest posts