What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WiFi Indicator missing after JB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilofox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I JB'd my iPad via Spirit/Mac yesterday. Everything works ok, but my WiFi indicator went missing. The iPad still connects to a WiFi connection and functions correctly, but the indicator icon is missing.

Since I am OCD... this bothers me greatly. :D

Anybody else experience the same? Any resolution?

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi this is why i didn’t JB my stuff …. i already experience enough trouble in the past with my 3G …..

Sorry to know about your trouble

lilman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I JB'd my iPad via Spirit/Mac yesterday. Everything works ok, but my WiFi indicator went missing. The iPad still connects to a WiFi connection and functions correctly, but the indicator icon is missing.

Since I am OCD... this bothers me greatly. :D

Anybody else experience the same? Any resolution?
I had the samething happen back when I had my iPad jailbroken. A power cycle seemed to bring the wifi icon back.

DawgBone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rebooting did nothing for me...
I found that OpenSSH was the issue with my WiFi symbol missing....
It immediately came back after I uninstalled it, and rebooted.... I only needed it to change the password anyways....

joshieca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rebooting did nothing for me...
I found that OpenSSH was the issue with my WiFi symbol missing....
It immediately came back after I uninstalled it, and rebooted.... I only needed it to change the password anyways....

That problem and the fact that location services no longer worked is the main reason I restored. Once we get an iPad Terminal app, location and wifi fixed with SSH I will JB once again. :(

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I have no issues and I have backgrounder, OpenSSH, and SBSettings installed. All works as it should.

Winterboard however broke a few things like the wifi, icon rearanging, screen alignment, etc... Removed winterboard and my ipad is back to working as it should.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No issues with WiFi indicator or location services here.

o_mega05

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Happened to me this morning after installing backgrounder. I unisntalled both backgrounder and activator and it came back. Hope this helps.

Slov

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same issue but a few weeks after jailbreaking. As DawgBone said I uninstalled openSSH, rebooted and it appeared again.

Slov

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is this mandatory with every jailbreak or is it a fluke on a elect few?

No idea. As I said I had been using my jailbroken iPad for a few weeks (also usising OpenSSH) before this happened with no explanation.

Jimboo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is a constant issue with people who jb

Just reboot, and respiring, it isn't going to make the functionality of ur iPad any different

And since ur running 3.2 right now it does reel matter cuz the wifi capability pre 3.2.1 is shitty

Dnt sweat it

kpascu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never JB my IPad 3 but I have now exactly the same problem! It works fine, just indicator missing. Did you solve it?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I never JB my IPad 3 but I have now exactly the same problem! It works fine, just indicator missing. Did you solve it?

Welcome to the forum kpascu. Since this is a VERY old thread, created when IOS 3.2.1 was the newest thing in town and the iPad1 hadn't been out too long, you are unlikely to get any help from the folks above ;)
Furthermore, this is the jailbreaking section, and since you have a stock iPad3 I would honestly recommend you have a search in our iPad3 forum here - iPad 3 Forum, and post a question in there if you can't find anything similar to your own problem, rather than in the Hacking Section which tends to only be frequented by jailbreakers.

For info, I haven't heard of what you are describing happening on a stock device recently, but perhaps our other members know better. Good luck.

And since this thread is so very old and outdated now, I shall close it if you don't mind :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions