What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi Connection Connected but no Internet Yet Ipod touch working fine

deeproots79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi so all the sudden this week my ipad no longer has internet connection even though it shows a wifi connection. I have an ipod touch right next to it that works just fine. Under wifi settings for the network the difference for the 2 is that I dont see and address in the router box or addresses in the dns box which i do see on the ipod touch. If i reboot the ipad the internet will work for about 4 mins and then repeats this problem. Since the ipod touch is working and both have the latest software and both are the latest devices I would assume this is an ipad problem and not a wifi router problem. I did type the 2 dns addressses in that were listing on the ipod touch in the dns box but i cant enter info into the router box. Any suggestions?

Also to note that the ipad has no problem connecting to my home wifi or several others. Just this one and just all of the sudden. It did work 2 weeks ago.

Thanks for your help!

Erwaso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's been more of a router prob since new iPad came out but if you're certain it's the iPad call apple and see if they can walk you through with your router

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
deeproots79 said:
Hi so all the sudden this week my ipad no longer has internet connection even though it shows a wifi connection. I have an ipod touch right next to it that works just fine. Under wifi settings for the network the difference for the 2 is that I dont see and address in the router box or addresses in the dns box which i do see on the ipod touch. If i reboot the ipad the internet will work for about 4 mins and then repeats this problem. Since the ipod touch is working and both have the latest software and both are the latest devices I would assume this is an ipad problem and not a wifi router problem. I did type the 2 dns addressses in that were listing on the ipod touch in the dns box but i cant enter info into the router box. Any suggestions?

Also to note that the ipad has no problem connecting to my home wifi or several others. Just this one and just all of the sudden. It did work 2 weeks ago.

Thanks for your help!

There are other possibilities, that can cause issues, but as you said the iPad connects fine to other networks , First step to take is to remove the wireless profile on your iPad , the one that connects to your router, reconnect to the wireless router as per normal, if it doesn't work then I think your router is the issue here, turn off the wifi on the iPod touch, then reboot the router, this cleans the DHCP of all network leases, turn your iPad wifi on , see if it connects, but make sure the iPad is the only device connecting. If this works your router was the problem.

Feed back the results.

Most reactions

Latest posts