What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WiFi Booster - Paid Tweak

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My issue is that I have gr8 signal strength on my main floor but strength lessens as I move out laterally and significant loss is apparent if I go upstairs. My house is old construction, 1871, so no metal studs but lots of lath and mortar. Will this booster affect signal strength? Mean were only talking 12 feet up and 12-15 feet over. What think you?

Dan

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't really comment on whether it will work in your situ, but it does not change the signal strength (obviously). It simply drops the standard cuttoff limit for wifi in the OS. So you may be able to hold onto the signal for longer, but no promises (from me anyway)...
Perhaps a small investment in a wireless range booster / repeater?

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can't really comment on whether it will work in your situ, but it does not change the signal strength (obviously). It simply drops the standard cuttoff limit for wifi in the OS. So you may be able to hold onto the signal for longer, but no promises (from me anyway)...
Perhaps a small investment in a wireless range booster / repeater?
Thanx for the fast reply. I have been reading up on repeaters and antennas.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Our wireless router used to be on the other side of the house when we had DSL. We moved up to roadrunner and moved it to the middle of the house. So before the signal didn't reach to my room. I turned our old router into a booster with DD-WRT. Quite simple to do.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
WiFi Booster has had an update today to version 1.2 which corrects the long overdue issue with the iPad interface being squiffy, and I'm also pleased to confirm it is IOS5 JB compatible.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Okay. So ~ in Cali blonde speak Marie words....:eek:

Why do I want this app?

Because it is insanely great and you were ordered to get it, so get off the couch and order now.

Smiley!

If you order within the next five minutes, we will double the offer. That's right, just pay the shipping and handling and you get not one but two apps. These are the apps they do not want you to know about, so order now . . . our operators are standing by.

Kevin Trudeau

LoJak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fudnock said:
That and I feel jt is ny responsibility if they leave it as the default password to log into it, change the password and then setup a rerdirect that every site they go to goes to LIVE NUDE CATS Figure it's my civic duty to educate them through experiences they won't forget.
Hahaha thats funny. Just hope some poor old lady doesn't get a heart attack.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have the wifi booster installed .. one thing that i noticed now is that my ipad would not automatcally connect to a known wifi .. neither at home or my office wifi .. i need to go to setting to connect and choose the wifi each time i got to either place .. strange ...

and sometimes if i moved around with my ipad with its cover closed, the wifi got disconnected and i had to go to setting to turn it on again .. it didn't automatically connect ..

anyone experiencing this as well ?

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, fatboy ... i think i'll just bear with the condition for the time being ..

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
dstuttgen said:
My issue is that I have gr8 signal strength on my main floor but strength lessens as I move out laterally and significant loss is apparent if I go upstairs. My house is old construction, 1871, so no metal studs but lots of lath and mortar. Will this booster affect signal strength? Mean were only talking 12 feet up and 12-15 feet over. What think you?

Dan

I can't find this app in iTunes. What is the exact name of the app?

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
I can't find this app in iTunes. What is the exact name of the app?

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

You've wandered into the hacking forums......these apps come from Cydia.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts