What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad will not discover Wi-Fi anymore

Paken001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have an iPad 1 that will no longer discover or connect to any Wi-Fi networks. I have done a hard reset as well as a factory restore and I still have the same problem. We have several laptops and our iPad 2 connected to the same Wi-Fi connection with no problems so it is not our connection. It will also not discover my home connection or public hot spots.

Can someone please help me fix this problem?

Last edited by a moderator:

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Things can break you know.
I assume that your already considered hardware fault.
I would try to install some external application that can better sense WiFi like "Wi-Fi Finder"

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just some quick thoughts.......firstly, airplane mode hasn't been enabled? When in settings>wifi and you are somewhere that you know has wifi are any networks listed?

The Archangel

saphire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just some quick thoughts.......firstly, airplane mode hasn't been enabled? When in settings>wifi and you are somewhere that you know has wifi are any networks listed?

The Archangel

I was thinking the same, I had the same problem only to find out many hours later that my friend had switched it on.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Don't forget to try and reboot the routers, even though the other devices are working. Routers sometimes take a dislike to a MAC address, and need to be reminded who the boss is. Leave the router off for at least two minutes before turning it back on. Restoring the iPad does nothing to change the MAC address.

While the router is rebooting it's not a bad idea to go into Settings > General > Reset, and reset the network settings on the iPad.

Given that you have problems with two different routers, I'm not confident this will work, but it's worth a try.

And just to be sure there really is not a hardware problem, you might try a few public wi-fi spots and see it they work.

Most reactions

Latest posts