What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why won't the "join" button let me connect to wifi?

mmvega1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm visiting my parents for the holiday and trying to connect to their Internet with my iPad- however the "join" key is either faded or just plain not working... Please help!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi mmvega1 - welcome to the forum! :)

In addition to resetting the iPad as suggested in the previous post, turn the Wi-Fi on your device OFF & then ON again (although the reset may have a similar effect) - I'm assuming that your parent's network is Wi-Fi via a router or modem/router combo box? Is MAC filtering in place? If so, you will need to enter the MAC address of your iPad into the router's configuration program (typically, accessed via a browser page - see the router's manual). Also, check to see if security is being used on the router, i.e. WEP, WPA, WPA2 or other - again if so, you will need to know the pass phrase.

If none of these suggestions is helpful, check out THIS ARTICLE from Apple support. You might want to visit a local Wi-Fi cafe to make sure that your iPad's Wi-Fi is indeed working? Good luck and please post back if the problem persists!

Most reactions

Latest posts