What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why will my ipad 2 no longer connect to my Bose with Bluetooth?

toddclark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It used to connect just fine. Bluetooth is turned on, the icon is in the top right corner, but it is faint. It sees the speaker, but won't connect??

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go to Settings > Bluetooth. If the Bose speakers appear but show not connected, make sure the speakers are on and tap to connect. If they do not show you will probably have to go through the pairing process again.

OP
T

toddclark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It shows in the list, but will not connect. It looks like it is trying, but won't connect. The speaker will connect with all my other BT devices, so it is not the speaker.
Is there a way to blast it out of the BT list and start over?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sure. Just tap on the blue arrow to the right of the device and choose Forget this Device. You can then re-pair it.

But, if you have not done so, you shout give a restart and/or reset a try.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart. takes a bit longer than a restart.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It shows in the list, but will not connect. It looks like it is trying, but won't connect. The speaker will connect with all my other BT devices, so it is not the speaker.
Is there a way to blast it out of the BT list and start over?

I've seen my iPad not connect to devices that were shown in the list....but when you tap that device in the list...it will take up and connect. Sometimes, it will show in the list, but for some reason you have to take the action of taping on the device in the list to "wake it up".

OP
T

toddclark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all your help! I had to do the Forget this device and then reload it. your the best!!

Most reactions