What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why VPN for iPhone is Necessary?

Lindaawilsoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Off-Topic but i want to know the reasons, one of my college friend suggst me to buy VPN services for my IPHONE X, but why VPN is necessary for IPhone X?? need helpful factors that define clearly...

Thanks IA
Linda

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
A VPN (Virtual Private Network) creates a secure pipe/connection between you and the internet. It’s most useful when you are using a public wi-fi network, which is more velnerable to man-in-the-middle attacks and other kinds of malicious activity. Some people also use it when on a cellular network. Hacking on cellular is possible, but requires more expertise and specialized equipment.

There is no special reason why an iPhone X needs a VPN. It is no more, nor less, secure to this kind of attack than other phones, tablets, or computers. If you do sensitive work on your iPhone (banking, sensitive communications, or confidential work) while on public networks, a VPN is highly recommended while on those networks. If you or your job requires a very secure phone, then you may want to use a VPN at all times.

In the case of work security, many companies have their own VPN servers, and will mandate their use for work related devices.

FilthyLJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
VPN is needed when you want to hide your location or when you want to visit a web page which is forbidden in your country. When used for legal purposes, VPNs are not considered illegal in most countries and anyone can go ahead and start using a VPN service. But in some countries it's forbidden to use such stuff. The main disadvantage of VPN is the connection speed. When you use it everything is going slower. I used this one (EDITED) when I tried visiting sites which are illegal in our country.

Moderation notice: This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules. http://www.ipadforums.net/threads/forum-rules-everybody-please-read.2119/ No External Links

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions