What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why sharing data connection is now free with my iPad2?

Cybershaolin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I own an iPad 2 Wifi jailbreak with Absinthe. I also have an iPhone4 which is also jailbreak with redsnow.

I found out that when I use Bluetooth on my iPad 2 to use the shared connection with my iPhone, my data is not increasing anymore on the used data for cellular plan under shared connection on my iPhone! I also checked on my provider invoice on the net and there is no sign of data used! How that can happen? It only started to do that since I have jailbreak my iPad. I did not know it would do this, but it this normal? Does that mean that I kind of now have an unlimited 3G data using the shared connection through my iPad? I'm lost here. Please, explain.

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too have noticed that the numbers are off - and in my case WAY off. Since my upgrade of both the phone and pad, the phone says I have used more than twice as much Regular Data as Verizon says I have, and the phone says I have used half as much ￿Tether Data as Verizon says. I didn't look at the numbers on the phone right after the upgrade/jailbreak, I expected them to be reset back to zero. Something is definately afoot, but I'll not know anythging until the end of the period and both I and Verizon reset the numbers... which I do every month faithfully.

Interesting.

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
C

Cybershaolin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah this is quite strange. On my side, like I said, there is no increase at all of ALL the data used by my iPad using the shared 3G network connection by Bluetooth through my iPhone.

I also checked on my daily data usage from my provider on the Internet invoice and it also reflects what I see on my iPhone 4 use of data, which is 0 btes sent or received.

This means I'm a quite a happy customer now. It really looks like I have an unlimited 3G plan on my iPad 2!

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am one of the fortunate one who got in at the right time with Verizon, and DO have the unlimited data package.

Anyway, might I suggest something..... SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bingoldsby said:
I am one of the fortunate one who got in at the right time with Verizon, and DO have the unlimited data package.

Anyway, might I suggest something..... SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !

This could be post of the year!

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts