What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My data is lost while jailbreaking IPAD

noorahmad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi!
Some months back I have purchased a new IPAd 3.2.2, I was trying for the first time to jailbreak it with Limera1n. but suddenly a notice appeared in Itunes saying that " The IPAd is in recovery mode, restore ur data" I could not understand & when I opened my ipad I found it totally blank, it just showed to install itunes, with a white wire. When I connected it to the laptop it said to install iOS 3.4 & said it would take approximately 7-8 hrs, but I can remeber when I connected my Ipad for the first time ever, it got started in just 15-30 mins.
Plz help me in d matter, so that i can recover my lost data.
Noor

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just hook it up to iTunes and restore from ur most recent backup u did ;-)

OP
N

noorahmad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dude I have not even taken up d backup. I mean if there is a provision of automatic backup then i dont know bt i didnt any backup manually.

Reaction score
noorahmad said:
Dude I have not even taken up d backup. I mean if there is a provision of automatic backup then i dont know bt i didnt any backup manually.

Have you let iTunes do it's work? iTunes automatically backups your iPad every time it is connected to iTunes.

Just connect the iPad to iTunes and then on the iPad page select Restore.

JuiceMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a jailbroken iPad, with iOS 3.2.2. I would like to update to iOS 4.2.1 with the greenpois0n untethered jailbreak...I would like to back up my iPad before trying to update....I'm afraid to back up my iPad on itunes because ********if I do, will I lose my apps? Please help!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
JuiceMan said:
I have a jailbroken iPad, with iOS 3.2.2. I would like to update to iOS 4.2.1 with the greenpois0n untethered jailbreak...I would like to back up my iPad before trying to update....I'm afraid to back up my iPad on itunes because most of my apps are from xxxxxxxxxx.....if I do, will I lose my apps? Please help!!!!

You will loose all apps and get banned from this forum for using illegal apps.

Don't expect any help from here.

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm glad i've not jail=broken a device yet, might do when i get a new iPhone

OP
N

noorahmad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
but man, whenever i am clicking @ Restore it is showing me to install ios 4.2 again & tells it will take 7-8 hrs. Help me in this case.
Will be grateful 2 u

Reaction score
noorahmad said:
but man, whenever i am clicking @ Restore it is showing me to install ios 4.2 again & tells it will take 7-8 hrs. Help me in this case.
Will be grateful 2 u

You mean downloading iOS 4.2 takes 7-8h, or the whole procedure?

You probably don't have much of a choice. I would let iTunes do its job, even if it takes some time.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
noorahmad said:
Will be grateful 2 u

You mean downloading iOS 4.2 takes 7-8h, or the whole procedure?

You probably don't have much of a choice. I would let iTunes do its job, even if it takes some time.

Your A Good Man Charlie Brown.;)

OP
N

noorahmad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All right ... but can u explain y it is asking me to install ios again. y didn't it ask me at the first time i connected my ipad to pc . Does this mean that my ipad's ios is corrrupted.
Also please tell me what is meant by "Crashing"? Is this the same problem which is with me?

Most reactions

Latest posts