What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why no keyboard like the Asus transformer?

Anna84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple seems very reluctant to follow anyone....even some of the recent iOS updates, which follow Android, seem to come begrudgingly. I think they like to be trendsetters, not followers, on tech, even though there clearly where not the first to think of a lot of the tech that they sell...they were the first to make them things people actually want.

Even time I think of a keyboard to go with my iPad...I feel as if I'm drifting back to a laptop (not that I ever left). That's my problem with something like the prime...if you buy it, and that that $150, then why didn't you just buy a laptop...better yet, something like a Samsung Series 7 Slate, which runs windows 7 rather than Andriod and can be both a tablet and used with a keyboard, while running windows 7 (it will be updated to Win8 when that streets). I even wonder this very question with my iPad...every time i think of pairing it will a nice kb case then I'm just admitting that I need a laptop, rather than a tablet. And I already have a pricey laptop. Lots of people get MacBook Airs instead of tablets...and wonder if people buying tablets are crazy....

I agree 100% with you. I have a Laptop and use it daily but I want an iPad for different things so why would I want to make my iPad look and act like a laptop? That's what bothers me of some people. They have to understand tablets are not laptops. Thats what made the iPad revolutionary in the first place...

OP
N

no1up

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Crux case will charge the iPad

CruxCase – CruxLOADED - CruxCase[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

Thank you sir!!

And I understand some people don't want a product like this... I can't imagine why they would knock other people who do want something like this down. Does it bother you that much that I want an external keyboard that will charge my iPad? I mean really....

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
followthesapper said:

$250. Where is this thing and does it work with the new iPad? In June 2011 it claimed to add 7.5 hrs of battery life to iPad 2.

One can get a new Trent and a bt keyboard for far less and it would last longer.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
no1up said:
Thank you sir!!

And I understand some people don't want a product like this... I can't imagine why they would knock other people who do want something like this down. Does it bother you that much that I want an external keyboard that will charge my iPad? I mean really....

It really isn't personal no1up. It's just a bunch of us tablet zealots who insist that the purity of architecture and the fluid mobility of the iPad is compromised when you add a keyboard to it. <smile>

CoreDump

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Asus is the only company to makes a $150 keyboard like that...and if you are not careful it will tip over when the transformer is in it. I don't think it is as useful as it seems either, since very few folks are going to need that kind of battery life.

I have not seen any such type of keyboard for an iPad, either.
I have owned a first-gen Asus Transformer for 11 months and not once has it "tipped over". I'm on a Transformer forum as well and no one has ever reported that occuring. Battery life with dock is about 14 hours.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have owned a first-gen Asus Transformer for 11 months and not once has it "tipped over". I'm on a Transformer forum as well and no one has ever reported that occuring. Battery life with dock is about 14 hours.

Maybe you're just careful, dude. And you can't speak with authority about what goes on on a forum.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Maybe you're just careful, dude. And you can't speak with authority about what goes on on a forum.

Yo! AQ_OC, don't you sometimes feel like you are the forum's Rodney Dangerfield? (I hope you are old enough to know who that is and what I mean by that--otherwise, my response won't make any sense!!)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yo! AQ_OC, don't you sometimes feel like you are the forum's Rodney Dangerfield? (I hope you are old enough to know who that is and what I mean by that--otherwise, my response won't make any sense!!)

Of course I know Dangerfield. I'll be by 54 in less than 10 days!

CoreDump

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe I'm not a dude. I can read. No one has reported one tipping over. Now playing: "What Goes On" by the Velvet Underground.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maybe I'm not a dude. I can read. No one has reported one tipping over. Now playing: "What Goes On" by the Velvet Underground.

Ok...I apologize for addressing you as a dude. I did read one reviewer saying it was tippy, but I saw another reviewer saying it wasn't as bad as he thought it might be.

gabey8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
followthesapper said:

BT Trackpad AND a battery that charges the iPad?

Yeah, I'll be keeping an eye out for this device when it hits the market! I have a Logitech keyboard case right now, which I like using, but the one thing I miss with this setup is having a trackpad. It would be nice to not have to alternate between having my hands on the keyboard and reaching up to manipulate the screen. Thanks for the head's up about this item.

milkmilklemonade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
transformer isnt tippy at all. prime is somewhat, but the rf101 is stable.

logitech ultrathin keyboard is somewhat reminiscent of the asus tablets... just without the extra functionality.

the asus docks are very nice and well made by the way..

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Most reactions