What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blown away

harv2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just picked up the keyboard dock from Best Buy and would have to say that I'm blown away. The only downside at this point is that I have to pull the iPad out of the Apple case to put it on the dock.

You can use the keyboard without the charger plugged in, or plug the charger in while using the keyboard and still charge the iPad. The keyboard actually set up as a nice stand while sitting on my lap. What a mix, charger, keyboard and stand all in one, and the entirety still fit nicely in my small Targus Citygear bag.

The real downside was that I kept reaching for the mouse while it was docked. Something about the setup suddenly made my reptile brain think I was typing on a laptop.

Kudos Apple.

Game_Writer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The real downside was that I kept reaching for the mouse while it was docked. Something about the setup suddenly made my reptile brain think I was typing on a laptop.

Kudos Apple.

Funny about the mouse. I do that too when my iPad is docked into the keyboard! I have an HP TouchSmart PC, tho, which also has a multi-touch screen, so touching the screen while docked doesn't seem so strange to me.

I DO still miss the mouse, tho. That would be a great addition to the iPad.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Me it's the opposite, I hardly ever use a computer anymore. When I use one I instinctively tap the LCD screen for commands...:p
That looks really stupid!

ckole

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Prefer the Bluetooth apple keyboard and using whatever dock I want diy or otherwise. I am in complete agreement that the keyboard can make you super productive when needed.

Game_Writer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Me it's the opposite, I hardly ever use a computer anymore. When I use one I instinctively tap the LCD screen for commands...:p
That looks really stupid!

Actually, that's NOT the opposite of me. ;) I am on my iPad all the time as well. My main computer sits dormant most of the time.

Most reactions