What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why is iPad 3 behind in specs?

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There's no harm trying, as long as the disk is legal. Also, Hackintoshes don't need very specific parts that mimic a Mac, I've seen (video) some Tablets running OSX (no VM). I've researched Hackintoshes, and even though I know nothing about motherboards, I know that the hardware on the PC does not necessarily need to mimic Macs to run Mac OS X (meaning without virtualization).

Sent from K48

Edit: also if you're interested in Hackintoshing, don't ask me, google it!

No harm is very true. But to save some frustration level, the OSX Snow Leopard and Lion kernels are looking for specific CPUs and north/south bridges for talking to the motherboard. If it doesn't match, you have to use a non-sanctioned kernel. Those kernel tend not to be as stable and will cause issues with performance.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is the way of life that there are many people who rely on information that is obsolete or false. In my youth, I had a old man tell me he invented a carburetor that got 100 mpg. He also claimed that the car companies bought him out. It was such nonsense that I had a time not laughing. But the number of outright lies people believe is hardly funny. Unfortunately, we have people in Congress that believe in 100 mpg cars, despite the realities of physics. And it is no different with electronics. There are does who think we will get SSDs with the capacity of HHDs at the same price. Problem right now is they have hurdles that may prevent that from happening. The future may still rest with hybrid drives for a long time, or someone may develop one of the many interesting technologies into a big change in data storage.

britpoper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting thread :)
The discussion ranging from iPad3, Android tablets, PS3, XBOX, MAC and PC :D
Out of topics sometime can make discussion better, I really enjoy reading Skull One posts.

Most reactions