What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why is Apple keeping the iPad under such tight guard?

HX_Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've seen multiple articles online talking about how Apple is now sending iPads to early developers but they have to only use the iPad in a room with blackout windows and the iPad had to be tethered to an unmovable object.

I don't get it.

Why all the secrecy if they have already made it available for sale and all the specs are online. Or are they?

Can we expect that there are quite a few surprises in store for when the iPad actually ships or why are they keeping it under such lock and key?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've seen multiple articles online talking about how Apple is now sending iPads to early developers but they have to only use the iPad in a room with blackout windows and the iPad had to be tethered to an unmovable object.

I don't get it.

Why all the secrecy if they have already made it available for sale and all the specs are online. Or are they?

Can we expect that there are quite a few surprises in store for when the iPad actually ships or why are they keeping it under such lock and key?

That's just how they are. A friend of mine worked on an iPhone ad and they had to work in a blackened room and sign in and out.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I don't get it.

Possibility of a gen 2?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I don't get it.

Possibility of a gen 2?

No, they are just really really really hush hush about devices. They want the first personal glimpse of it to be either when it's delivered or at the store on April 3rd.

I'm really surprised they even did pre-orders and gave a definite date. That was kind of out of character...usually they announce something new then let you sit and wonder when it will be out and make you wait in line for hours to be an early adapter. At least this time I'll be able to sign for it and start playing :)

OP
H

HX_Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea I opted for the delivery as well because apparently it will get delivered the same day it's released in stores so I'd rather just have it show up instead of battling the crowds at an Apple store.

Now if we only knew what "Late April" meant...that's another thing I don't get, why not set a date and get it over with, even if it's April 30th.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm all in for delivery over the Apple store battle.

Cya

yeah, i've been to the apple store for new iPhone day, new iMac day and even new MacBook Pro day and it is INSANE!!! Lines down the mall!! No thanks, I'll just chill at home till I hear the knock at the door!

Most reactions

Latest posts