What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why iPad inserts a space before close “quotes ” ?

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And is there a way to shut off this disgusting behavior?

I can’t see how this could conceivably be helpful to anyone, the ipad inserting a space before the close quotation that the user then has to remove.

somewhere in its Little brain, it thinks this is proper punctuation.

thank you for any remedies!

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My iPad has a number of irritating habits, but that isn't one of them. Under Settings/General/Keyboard, I turned off Auto-Capitalization, Auto-correction, Smart Punctuation, and "." Shortcut because they cause more work than they save.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The only two things I can think of that might do this are shortcuts and auto-correction.

If you don’t already have it turned off, turn off Auto-Correct in Settings > General > Keyboard and see if that helps. You can also turn off Shortcuts there.

Look under General > Keyboard > Text Replacement for specific entries with quotation marks in them. This is where the Shortcut definitions are.

OP
P

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Auto-correct had been shut off; also turned off Shortcuts. We’ll see what happens..Thank you!

Most reactions

Latest posts