What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why don't we merge "iPad" Forum with "iPad 2" Forum

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking at the Q & A going on the iPad 2 discussion forum, and let me tell you that the majority of it, has nothing to do specifically with iPad 2.
Just because some one has iPad 2 on her/his hand, doesn't mean that the problem or Question he/she has can't be shared and answered in the regular forum.
If the member is absolutely sure that the problem has to do with iPad 2 only it can be marked properly.
In question regarding applications that works only on iPad 2 (like camera), every one will know any way that it is in regard to iPad 2.

Currently I am jumping only between 2 Forums (General discussion and Help)
I don't have any incentive to go other places nor the will.
Point is I am sure I am losing something, and maybe the ones asking questions are loosing my probable answers.

Please Re- Consider.

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Broadly I agree, but when the Ipad 2 exclusive apps start to appear (some have already) perhaps there will be a case for the distinction?

snoitan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree as well. The iPad 2 is 90% the original iPad and 10% new. Might as well keep everything in the same forum.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We are looking at it I moved 15 threads out of ipad 2 forum last month alone. I will look at it this morning. Ipad 2 should be for ipad2 direct issues only such as camera, cases etc etc. We are currently adding mods to ease the pressure as house keeping is increasing with the large influx of new members we appreciate your patience in this matter Thanks for your suggestion

Last edited:

emm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please dom't merge them. This list has already gotten too long since the II came out! I can barely get through all the posts, and many are repetitive. Let people who want to focus on the II go to that list.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We do not merge posts and we will not merge iPad 2 to ipad forums we are moving threads daily as part of house keeping so they are in the correct section. The name on the thread may say ipad2 however it is often more related to an issue with software iOS or issues like wifi, etc which do not belong in ipad2 forum. Have a look in one week and if you see something that does not make sense let me know in PM and I will fix it.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts