What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why does iTunes keep resyncing my photos every single time I connect to my iMac?

pastorpatsue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is driving me crazy. I have around 5000 photos I keep on my iPad and every time I plug my iPad to the iMac, it seems to erase the photos and resync them which takes nearly an hour.

All I want to do is add some podcasts to my iPad that I downloaded on the computer and it takes for ever because it wants to resync the photos!

Patrick

Project37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have a Mac as I use PC but this should also work in your case. When you have your iPad hooked up to the iMac open up iTunes and then click on your iPad listed under devices on the left hand column. Now go to the Photos blade that is towards the top middle of the screen and insure the "Sync Photos From" is not enabled. If this is enabled, then your iMac keeps syncing the photos from the iMac to the iPad and thus causing the long sync process you have had problems with. Keep us posted on the results. Regards.....Doug

OP
P

pastorpatsue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I uncheck the "sync photos from" box, it will erase all the photos off my iPad and how do I get them back on? I want the photos on the iPad, I just don't want it to resync them every time I hook my iPad up to the iMac to get other stuff.

Patrick

Project37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By unchecking that box in iTunes it should not erase the photos from the iPad but should prevent iTunes from syncing the photos everts to hook the iPad to your Mac.

Christysings

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my iPad hooked up to the iMac, but can't get to Photos when i click iPad under devices. Trying to transfer photos from iMac to iPad.
Tks!

Christy

Most reactions

Latest posts