What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why Do You Think Apple Didn't Put Siri on the iPad 3?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Probably because 4s users found that they played with it for the first ten minutes then dismissed it as a novelty. That, and the fact that Apple would have to pay Nuance for the licence.

When you think about it, the iPad is much less likely to be used in a purely mobile scenario. It's one thing pulling a cellphone out of your pocket and asking it a question, particularly if you are driving or otherwise concentrating. I don't see iPad users attempting to use the machine in a similar setting.

However, that's just a guess. I'm sure the truth will be far stranger.

OP

5er driver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
col.bris said:
Siri require on line connection all the time to work correctly however wifi only ipads do not offer that whereas iphone4 s does

That's right. On WiFi only iPads, Siri wouldn't function out of range of the WiFi signal. I didn't think about that as I ordered a 4G model.

Rends

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well i don´t think that´s the reason because Apple advert iCloud for the iPad and that one needs online connection too.

I guess Apple knows that Siri is one of the major selling points of the iPhone and that´s why it is exclusive for the phone.

I wouldn´t wonder if Siri will come to iPad once the iPhone5 is out later this year.

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't imagine pulling out an iPad and talking to it like one would do with an iPhone, but that's just me. I'm not sad that Siri wasn't added. But then, I don't have a 4S phone, so maybe I just don't know what I'm missing.

Jazzephaye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it will be added...thats why i think they made sure the new ipad has the voice dictation...thats the first step.

Most reactions