What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3 and Siri

spoilingpets

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.spoilingpetsforyou.com
I tried searching the forums but didn't find any information regarding Siri. Has anyone heard or know if the ipad 3 will ever get Siri,

I really like Siri and think it would be great to have it on the ipad!

Thank you

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Sandy I don't really have an answer for you but I don't think that Siri in all it's glory as we know it on the iPhone will be coming to the iPad. I believe Siri to be more of the mobile phone app and the dictation feature that the iPad has is more of the feature needed on an iPad for typing or replying to emails etc.

I could be wrong.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There have been rumors of Siri coming to the iPad in IOS 6 but that is all it is, rumors. Only Apple can say for sure, however I imagine once the new iPad is fully jailbroken people will begin to get Siri on it anyway so hopefully Apple will see that and just release it for everyone. I think the only reason they have not so far is that while it is debatable as to whether or not Siri is actually useful it is a major selling point in the 4s. Maybe they think that if you have Siri on your iPad you may be less inclined to get an iPhone.

OP
spoilingpets

spoilingpets

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.spoilingpetsforyou.com
I realize that we probably have to train Siri and all that type of thing, I just have been sold by the tv commercials and Siri LOL and I really don't want an Iphone and and Ipad. When it comes to jailbreaking that is totally out of my league, I have no idea how to do any of that!!!

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
spoilingpets said:
I realize that we probably have to train Siri and all that type of thing, I just have been sold by the tv commercials and Siri LOL and I really don't want an Iphone and and Ipad. When it comes to jailbreaking that is totally out of my league, I have no idea how to do any of that!!!

I would like a male voice with a British accent for when I want to do personal chores (like a butler). Then I would like a SophiaVergara voice for when I want to or am looking for fun things to do. And when a personal chore conflicts with a scheduled fun time I would really like Sophia and the butler to argue it out and help me decide! Think of the possibilities!

dhevans_6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
spoilingpets said:

Have to say I am sold on Siri too, given how accurate dictation is for my UK midlands accent it would be a darn sight better than shouting at my android phone. I'm just not ready to give up the other features I like on my android just yet.

Fingers crossed iOS 6 delivers but I'm not hopeful in the same way you can't see dictation going across to iPad2...

sir_ben

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would love to have Siri on my new iPad maybe just for the novelty of it. Siri, as it is on the iPhone today still requires you to press the Home button to activate it. On the iPad, I think it won't work as well and I wouldn't use it as much. Maybe if Apple could make some interface changes on how Siri would work on the iPad like a three-finger gesture or something to activate it then it would be better.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The novelty of Siri wore off after three days and I never use it on my 4S. It was fun asking it random goofy questions, but I didn't find it useful for actually doing anything I needed.

GnomeGrrl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The novelty of Siri wore off after three days and I never use it on my 4S. It was fun asking it random goofy questions, but I didn't find it useful for actually doing anything I needed.

I love that she growls when you curse at her. LOL.

I use her all the time, especially when I'm on the go. We have our moments though, due to my accent and the way I pronounce my vowels, which usually involves a glaring match with my husband when he tries to teach me how to say whatever word we're stuck on.

I couldn't imagine I'd find much use for her on the iPad though and think that the novelty there would definitely wear off.

Sleaka J

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh definitely this. Until they add further Siri implementation outside of the US, it's a no go for me.

dessipation

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I sure would like to see that, too, but I do not have an iPad... But I have noticed some fake hacks that are floating around the Internet claiming that it gives Siri to iPod and what not just by installing it.

I would not recommend fooling around with that because it does not work.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Yeah, Siri works a lot better for Sam and Zoey than for me....

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts