What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why Are Apple So Ignorant ?!?!?!?!?

tomallman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have bought and tried many iPad cases since i got my iPad ,and i am amazed that none of them work with the keyboard dock , without trimming the case down . Even the official Apple iPad case isn't compatible ?!?!?!?!?

When i bought a £55 keyboard dock , i wasn't expecting to have to cut strips off my case(s)

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I hear you. I have a silicone rubber case and my wife bought me the stand charger. I had to choose between the case and the charger. I chose the case.

The case isn't made by Apple, and I'm not certain that they make any cases. I had to trim the silicone rubber case a bit just to get the USB adapter plugin to fit.

MachThree

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have bought and tried many iPad cases since i got my iPad ,and i am amazed that none of them work with the keyboard dock , without trimming the case down . Even the official Apple iPad case isn't compatible ?!?!?!?!?

When i bought a £55 keyboard dock , i wasn't expecting to have to cut strips off my case(s)

Try the Speck CandyShell case - it has a flap that opens up in the back to allow it to dock.

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was just going to say that my OtterBox Commuter series also works with all docks.

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Contour iSee case docks with apple docks and iPad keyboard dock just fine.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H0942ZM/A

Purchased at the Apple store same time as my iPad, and dock. Note in my sig, that I too own an Apple branded case. I only use that case when traveling/transporting it out of the home.. in which case, does not require the need to fit the dock, as I wouldn't have a need to dock my iPad while traveling.

Last edited:

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In defense of the OP, it does seem hard to believe the the actual Apple branded case (and really the only decent case option when the iPad was first released) has such glaring design issues. Not being able to use the iPad dock, also a product designed by Apple, with the case is just silly. One would expect maximum compatibility from Apple's own case, especially at the price it goes for.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What does this have to do with ignorance? I'm sure they are aware of it. They just don't care.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Perhaps they assumed if you were using a stand you didn't need the case.
I just took a scalpel to mine and opened the bottom slot enough to fit.
Expect any sharp knife would do as well.

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Perhaps they assumed if you were using a stand you didn't need the case.
I just took a scalpel to mine and opened the bottom slot enough to fit.
Expect any sharp knife would do as well.

I did the same with my wifes "Apple" case. Works fine now. I still like my OtterBox but she likes her case....

Most reactions