What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why am I getting this message?

BL41R GRYLLS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
c25edb52.png

Happens every time I update my apps. If I need to update 7 apps it comes up 7 times and as you can see in the background on the twitter app it prepares for an update but stays at that so I can't use it. I then have to connect to the computer and do what the pop up message says for the apps to update and so I can use them again. It has been happening for a short while now and I have also updated the software but it still does it. It's highly annoying and I don't know why it does it either. Anyone have any ideas?

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does this happen when you goto your "purchased" tab in the app store and try to re-download the apps? Or when you choose "update all", in the app store? Did you try updating each one individually while on wifi?

OP
B

BL41R GRYLLS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just happens when I click 'update all'. Will try and update individually now if I can.

EDIT: All apps are up to date so I can't try.

I have a WiFi only iPad too if that makes any difference.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It usualy happens when you've tried to update, and it failed or got stuck in the middle of hte download. The second time you try the update all you get the message. At least thats my experience. I've been seeing it a lot lately, since my ISP is accting up.

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes it happens here when the down load is interrupted because the wi fi drops out.
I always just update individually as well.

OP
B

BL41R GRYLLS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It has happened every time Since it started. it's been connected to the computer every time to finish the download.

I remember once I was trying to update a game and when I woke up in the morning it was still trying to update. So I turned the iPad off and back on again but I'm not sure whether this started it or it was happening before which was why the game didn't update. It has been happening since before 4.3 came out as I thought that may re set everything with the update and it stop doing it but it didn't. I can't remember the last time my Internet went down. Even for a very short period.

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Saw this for the first time last night. I tried a bunch of stuff...downloaded individually, rebooted and turned the wi-fi connection on and off. The updates finally went through but darned if I could tell ya which "fix" did the trick.:confused: I do know the last one I tried was the wi-fi.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I too have been seeing this lately. If you go to one of the iTunes pulldowns and Check for Available downloads, I believe that the problem will go away... for a while at least.

OP
B

BL41R GRYLLS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Saw this for the first time last night. I tried a bunch of stuff...downloaded individually, rebooted and turned the wi-fi connection on and off. The updates finally went through but darned if I could tell ya which "fix" did the trick.:confused: I do know the last one I tried was the wi-fi.

I have actually changed my ISP since it started happening so I'm not sure if that will work for me. But I will have a go anyway

OP
B

BL41R GRYLLS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too have been seeing this lately. If you go to one of the iTunes pulldowns and Check for Available downloads, I believe that the problem will go away... for a while at least.

That's what I have to do every time to get the update to finish but it still happens :s

Most reactions

Latest posts